Radian and Ford Expedition and/or F150

M

mom22boys

I've been in the market to get a second set of carseats for my boys (ages 3 and 21months). My oldest is in a Britax Wizard and my youngest in a boulevard (pre recall). They're currently installed in my husbands F150 but we'll be moving them over to my Expedition soon. I'd like to purchase an extra set of seats so that we're not having to constantly switch them from car to car when taking family outings (my dh prefers his truck when taking longer trips which we take monthly if not more). I've heard that the Radian's (either the 65 or 80) can be difficult to install in some cars. I was wondering if anyone has had to install one in either type of car and how difficult it was if at all. Thanks in advance!

Erin, Isaiah and Michael

ADS

arly1983

I have the radian and my husband has a F-150. I can get his truck and "try" it for you later. Also my aunt has an expedition, if no one else knows I can try it in her truck (but prefer not to, she already thinks I am crazy). I get back to you on this later.

Tara

No input, just also watching this thread. What year expedition? Do you have leather seats? LATCh?

The Radian is under consideration here. I have a '98, leather seats, no LATCh.

So any and all input appreciated over my way as well :)

Mom2nj

I have a Radian for my DD, and I was able to get a rock solid install in my fathers 2006 or 07 F150, in the outboard postition using latch, FF, . I didn't try with the seatbelt as I got a good install with Latch. Good Luck shopping.

My dad's truck is the crew cab, I think it has 4 doors anyway.

tjham

I want to know this too! My son has a 2005 F250. Center seat, back row bench seat (folding) lap belt only (akkk, I thought they would be illegal in a 2005!) no Latch.

honeybee03

I would also love to know this.

We need a second car seat for my husbands pickup. He has a regular cab '96 F150. I really want something that tethers RFing (bc of the rebounding into glass issue), but we really saved to get the first Britax, and we can't afford another one.
If the Radian would fit into my husbands pickup RFing, I would LOVE to know. Also, I wonder if it would obstruct his view driving?? Our BLVD doesn't obstruct his view at all.

Thanks for any input anyone!

M

mom22boys

I have the radian and my husband has a F-150. I can get his truck and "try" it for you later. Also my aunt has an expedition, if no one else knows I can try it in her truck (but prefer not to, she already thinks I am crazy). I get back to you on this later.

Thanks! That'd be great!

I should add that my dh's F150 is a 2001 extended cab and my expedition is a 2003. Niether have LATCH unfortunately.

arly1983

Yeah, I just realized that when I was thinking if you have two kids, how are you using this for long trips, duh, its an extended cab. We don't have the extended cab. So sorry, I am not going to be much help. I can still try to catch my aunt with the expedition. It just might not be soon. I wish I could help.

canadianmom2three

Just got my new radian in the mail, so will be glad to go out to DH's 1999 f150 extended cab and give it a try...we have the kind of extended that is not really 4 full doors, just the suicide doors...but should give you an idea anyway:)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC