Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Senior Community Member all together ooky's Avatar

QUICK! I think we're buying a 2008 Ford Taurus SEL today.

Anything I need to know about carseats not fitting. Or anything else? I've tried the MR and GN and they installed easy peasy.
    ~Sonja~

Gwenllian: Born Feb. 7, 2004
    Eleanor: Born April 1, 2008
    Beatrice: Born Sept. 30, 2012

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: QUICK! I think we're buying a 2008 Ford Taurus SEL today.

So how do you like your new vehicle? I have no expience with that vehicle so I can't offer any tips. Hopefully all your seats installed well and you are loving your new car.
    Katy

Senior Community Member all together ooky's Avatar

Re: QUICK! I think we're buying a 2008 Ford Taurus SEL today.

It's Dh's new car and he loves it. I do too. So much room! I was able to get the GN and MR (rear-facing) next to each other (seatbelt install) and have plenty of room to sit outboard. I wanted a car that could easily get three across and this does fit the bill. And it's super safe too (for the MY). My only real complaint is the lack of adjustable headrests in the rear. To get them you had to get the Limited model and we couldn't afford that. Still I can sit outboard and have almost good head (just below the tips of my ears) protection (I'm 5' 8").

There are two sets of LATCH and they are evenly spaced so you can use both outboard or one in the center (yes, it says so in the manual). I prefer seatbelts so haven't even tried the LATCH yet. Nice short in the bight buckle stalks. I'll have to try the Frontier, Radian, True Fit and Marathon in it someday. When I do I'll post pics.

The vehicle manual is well written and even has the 5-step test in it for booster use (it's not labeled that though). It says that most kids don't fit an adult belt until they are between 8-12 years old. The Latch limits are clearly stated.
    ~Sonja~

Gwenllian: Born Feb. 7, 2004
    Eleanor: Born April 1, 2008
    Beatrice: Born Sept. 30, 2012

5. Thank You from: