sienna

Karen Kite

Well, now that we have decided to get a Sienna, we cannot find the one we want. We want a certain package that includes the most imp. safety features, but none of the dealerships that we have checked with have them or know if they can get one, and they say they will look and call us back and we never hear from them again. We have been searching individual dealerships on the web and haven't found the one we want ( it is a standard package that they are supposed to make). And when we contacted Toyota via email, they said to contact dealers. So what can we do? Any ideas? thx-

ADS

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
It's tough-

For an high demand vehicle, it can be tough to get the features you want. Dealers can sell every loaded model they get, so there is little incentive to special order models with anything less and cut into their allocation on loaded ones with higher profit.

You can try online places like autobytel.com or carsdirect.com, or maybe use a similar buying service through a local credit union or employer. Even with those, you may have to wait.

Until demand drops to match supply, you may not be able to get exactly what you want. If you aren't in a hurry, keep calling dealers until you find a respectable one who will special order for you.

mamamia

Hi Karen-Did you email all the dealers? That is all I did, and you know I have had my Sienna with the package you want since early May. I had it within 3 weeks of contacting the dealer. It may be very hard to find in the 8 passenger model though. I know they sell very few of those in New England. We actually got ours from the higher volume dealer in New England. Have you tried contacting the highest volume dealer where you live?

U

Unregistered

Check Sienna bulletin boards

like those at Edmunds and SiennaClub.org. You can find lots of tips on where to go. One piece of advice....stick to the packages that are shown for your region on buyatoyota.com and you will get your Sienna much quicker. If you select a "non-preferred" package it will take much, much longer. Toyota does not build-to-order vehicles; they build vehicles, then match to dealer requisitions. Availability of packages varies from region to region.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC