10 year old prefers regent!

christineka

I put my dd1 in the regent because it was easier to buckle than a booster. Dd2 wanted her old seat back. I told her that we'd try and then told dd1 that if that worked, she could have her booster back. She told me she didn't want a booster back. She likes the regent. It's comfy and easier to buckle.

Last edited:
ADS

hsjwmom

My 8yo prefers her Regent, too! My almost 10yo isn't too keen on it anymore. She says the crotch strap bugs her, but that could be because it is still on the inside setting. I've offered to move it out, but dd2 doesn't want me to. :confused:

Note: dd1 is boostered full-time. She sat in dd2's Regent so that she could be next to baby sister when I left dd2 at home the other day.

KDK

That happened to us when Sarah turned 7. So I put her back in the regent until this week when out Monterey came in and she loves that seat. It is as comfortable for her at her regent was and we moved the almost 5yo to the regent and baby M will go into the Marathon when he can sit up unless he keeps up his current rate of growth and he will be graduated out of the bucket in a few weeks.

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician
My 8yo asks for her Regent EVERY SINGLE DAY. I'm halfway temped to get her a Roosevelt just so she'll quit bugging me.

steph_s

All of my kids prefer their Regent's over any other seat. I think the width of the seat combined with the awesome leg support is what really makes the difference. I have tried so many booster seats and they always end up begging for their Regent's back within 2 weeks.

That said, my one 7yo and my 6yo will ride in their booster seats for school drop off/pick up (about half a mile away from home) but they will almost always ask before we leave "mom are we going anywhere other than home" because if the answer is yes they jump into their "monster seats".

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC