Avenue on clearance at KMart - 17.99

HA My kmart lied on the phone lol, I just scored the last one in Abbey for Nolan.. trying to trade the cover!!!! Anyone get the boy one and wish they had the girl?

ADS

vrclay

Ha, I love it! This is like a multi-state scavenger hunt! Or like the car seat version of The Amazing Race! :ROTFLMAO:

For real! I actually went all over the DC metro area to buy the EFTA for my son's daycare van. I got 9 @ the $55 price. Turns out they don't fit 3 across - duh, should have thought of that...so now I'm trying to sell them through my local mommy's group so I don't have to deal with the K-Mart people...I'm keeping one for granny's car, sold 2, 3 pending sale...

I'm calling it the Great Car-seat Caper of 2010.

hey how come my avenue dom is 6/5/08 but it says do not use after dec 2016.. do they have 8 year experations (not complaining about the dom after all I got it for 18 bucks lol

Ha, I love it! This is like a multi-state scavenger hunt! Or like the car seat version of The Amazing Race! :ROTFLMAO:
mine was similar they couldnt find a scanny thing anywhere, nothing was ringing it up, so they called someone to from the dept.. I was like "oh great it will be the same woman saying no such thing ect.." I got lucky, it was a woman who had a daughter grab the same seat and get it for 17.99 last week.. she knew right away what it was and of the steal of a deal and grabbed the # for the woman to ring in... whew! :thumbsup:

oh crud the eps is detached on one side of mine.. oh well that happens with seats, no biggie right.. nothing a little tape wont fix. (I did that with a britax once lol)

ZephyrBlue

I was going to post the same thing re: expiration dates- my Avenues have the do not use stamp on them and they're all 8 years after DOM :confused:

Found 2 more $17.99 Avenues and 3 $23.99 Lizards In Line TBs this morning. No luck on the EFTA, though.

ETA- I cannot believe how cute the Lizards booster is IRL! Both of my DDs love it, and so does DS

Last edited:

nomatt

Does anyone know if the Avenue will really work for a newborn?

Also, if diapers.com matches online sales, will they match the KMart sale on the Evenflo Triumph? That would be pretty amazing.

Thanks,
Sandy

a_js

My Kmart stinks as usual. Not literally. :p But they have no Avenues, not even one, and nothing is on clearance or even really on sale.

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
Just picked up an Avenue. There was absolutely ZERO indication of sale or clearance; both the shelf and the seat itself were marked $89.99 -- but sure enough it rang up $17.99 . My roommate and I stopped after church and she was so confused when I picked up a $90 seat, kept muttering about $18 and was wandering the store "aimlessly" (aka, looking for a price scanner.) Once she saw the price pop up, she got it, lol!

Now I need to go back sometime, alone, and see about the EFTAs and Tubros... :whistle:

NannyMom

Does anyone know if the Avenue will really work for a newborn?

Also, if diapers.com matches online sales, will they match the KMart sale on the Evenflo Triumph? That would be pretty amazing.

Thanks,
Sandy

No, the bottom harness slots on the Avenue are too high for most newborns

Sooooo do I drive 45 minutes to the southbury kmart for their last avenue in the morning???? they cant hold it, I begged like a dork..
I think I might, I actually managed to rip the eps clean off of mine accidentally lol, I was taking off the cover and caught it and pulled it off ack! a little tape should fix it though

I finally got a chance to play with my avenue (Coverless) I installed it rear facing with a pool noodle, and seriously got it rock solid and angle perfect, and found it really easy, Nolan also has as much room as he did in the efta still. I really really like it!

So I just called Dorel cause even with tape the eps keeps falling off, so I asked the woman if I was taping it wrong, she was like Oh you just got it? and the eps came off with the cover.. I said yes, and she said "oh we will just send a new one out to you" I told her "even though it was one of the 17.99 kmart ones? she said "hey you just bought it and it was broken, it is under warrenty no matter what you paid for a year"
Ok then! so she is sending me a new one, with a boyish cover too lol (so now we will have two covers )

mayamac

ugh, you guys are killing me!
I drove all the way to KMart on my day off Tuesday and saw one EFTA, but it looked like it was $140, so I left empty handed. Then on Thurs. I see that people say they ring up as the clearance price, so I leave work early drag the 2 kids there, it is gone of course, then I get stuck in a rain storm and traffic is horrible. So far I have given this 6 hours of my life. But it would be so nice to give to daycare with their collection of ancient seats. And now I'm thinking about trying another KMart? I'm nuts. But maybe that side of town only uses Britaxes....

mayamac

ok- I went back all over town and found a Titan for $40.
This is a good seat to donate to daycare, right? For the section of the bus with only lap belts.

dkdean

Great news!! Will head to ours after nap....I was stopping in car-seat.org today to find some good deals as I will be watching a couple kids this school year and wanted to find well-priced seats!!!:thumbsup:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC