Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: Avenue on clearance at KMart - 17.99

Quote Originally Posted by ulrich7 View Post
    I think the Evenflo Triumph LX is only 6 year expiry, but I could be wrong. Even so it is an awesome deal.

I bought an Avenue for $35.99 last week (had to scan it as it was marked $54.99), do you think if it's marked down again they will refund the difference?
    I know Target doesn't do that for clearance, I doubt Kmart would either.
    Mama to Sofi: 7.1 yrs, 46Lbs (47"), Boostered in a Turbo, Vivo, Monterey, Cybex; harnessed in Nautilus
    Nanny to BabyD, 21 months in a RXT, Classic Marathon, Boulevard 70

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Found 3 Avenues here for $17.99, one of the employees really wanted one for her grandson who's 2 and in a booster, so I told her to take it. Checked the other KMarts in the area, nothing else left.

If you go to Kmart.com and find the seats there under clearance, then click on layaway... there is a box to enter your zip code. It will show if your kmarts have them
    Didn't work for my area KMart stores- must be regional? It listed seats instock at a particular store that had none.
    11yo DD *69lb* Backless Turbo
    8.5yo DD *45lb* High Back Turbobooster/Pink Monterey
    6yo DS *43lb* Cowmoo Parkway SG/Lizards In Line Turbobooster
    2y4m DD*24lb*RF in an Alma MR 65 and Kathryn RA 55

Senior Community Member

was anyone able to find the efta on sale in michigan??? I found an avenue but I don't like it.
    kmart.com said that my local store would have the efta but when I went they had none i love that black ice cover!!
    Last edited by love-pink; 08-08-2010 at 05:14 AM.

Oh man I hope mine has some still I was going to get one as soon as my ergo sold, but if they still have one I migh get to keep my ergo, this would replace the scenera my neighbor crashed!
    My Kmart is CLUELESSSSSSSS.. soo I am not going ot bother calling lol. I didn't think they actually had avenues in last time I was there though..hmm
    Julianna 8/15/02,Adult seat belt Fiona 12/1/05 Harmony backless booster Nolan 8/3/08 ffing in a maestro, and booster training in a vivo seat re-arranging at the moment

Nope.. none at my store, the sales associate was bitchy and told me you guys were making it up. She said there is also no such thing as a safety 1st avenue, and felt compeled to explain to me that Safety 1st is a brand name... and they have a safety 1st car seat there that is 100 dollars and one that is 60.. I asked her what kind and she said "safety 1st"
    Ok she was dumb.. never mind. I guess the ergo is going
    Julianna 8/15/02,Adult seat belt Fiona 12/1/05 Harmony backless booster Nolan 8/3/08 ffing in a maestro, and booster training in a vivo seat re-arranging at the moment

Carseat Crazy

Quote Originally Posted by NannyMom View Post
    I got a pink TB yesterday, and got a Lizards in Line TB today. I found out via FB there's someone I know that has no boosters for her boys, and she and DH are currently unemployed. Thanks to my connections at church, I have funding to pay for the TBs and a few Avenues (if I can find more)

Does anyone know if Sears has the same prices?
    is this the graco turbobooster?

Carseat Crazy

picked up a graco turbo booster in lizards (23.99)and an evenflow triumph advance LX (27.99) thanks for sharing this awesome deal! I tried dd in the Avenue but although she is a skinny 6 year old, her shoulders were tight and she found it uncomfortable .. shame.. but she still had growing room for height.. (she's only 34lbs) It's a nice skinny seat... but can't complain at the price of the evenflow and she has sooo much growing room still -

I just got one!! Yay!! When I first saw the deal I wasn't thinking about our upcoming trip, but then realized it could be a travel seat. There is still a pink one at the Springfield (VA) Kmart, if anyone is in the area. And I think Silver Spring (MD) is out of the Avenues, but they said they have an Evenflo (forget what model) for something like $59. Still sounds like a good deal. Hope that helps someone!

Got the last one -- after a fight! LOL The cashier was convinced it was a pricing error and wouldn't let me get it until the manager came over. They talked and talked and finally agreed to let me buy it. My friend had gone that morning and bought the other 2 and no one said anything to them.

Great for a back up seat!!
    Jamii ~ CPST ~ Foster Mom
    DS1 / 14 / Seatbelt * DS2 / 11 / Seatblet * DD / 8 / Spectrum and Rodifix * And a RF Headwise for Tiny

Quote Originally Posted by djma View Post
    Got the last one -- after a fight! LOL The cashier was convinced it was a pricing error and wouldn't let me get it until the manager came over. They talked and talked and finally agreed to let me buy it. My friend had gone that morning and bought the other 2 and no one said anything to them.

Yep. In my case, the Kmart workers were unaware as well that the seats were marked down that low. Apparently, there is a "car seat" person who comes and marks them down--not a Kmart employee--at least that's what a Kmart employee told me

C~9/06 Boostered in FR85 Livia & Maui C~2/09 Boostered in GN Daisy & Julia
    Driving in 2005 Toyota Camry & 1994 Honda Accord

CPS Technician

I'm hoping DH gets his day off tomorrow like he asked for. If so, I'll go over and see. If not, it'll have to wait till Thursday so I can drop the kids off the babysitter's house that's behind K-Mart, lol. The website showed they had the EFTA here.
    Jennifer, Special Needs CPST, peds nurse, and CSFTL Admin mom to:
    AJ-13 (five steps), Evan-11 (nbb),
    Ilana-9 (nbb) ,
    Olivia-7 (hbb), and
    Unity-3 (rf and ff)

Yeah, the employee whom I asked to scan the Titan was freaking out when I told her that the Avenue was $17.99- she kept asking me if I was sure. That's when she asked if she could take 1 of the 3 for her grandson. And the person at the register asked me if I knew they were $17.99 when they rang up.
    11yo DD *69lb* Backless Turbo
    8.5yo DD *45lb* High Back Turbobooster/Pink Monterey
    6yo DS *43lb* Cowmoo Parkway SG/Lizards In Line Turbobooster
    2y4m DD*24lb*RF in an Alma MR 65 and Kathryn RA 55

How funny! Good on you for persevering!

The one I got had the clearance price tag on it and a note that said "Hold for customer, 8/5/10". Somebody passed up this deal, lucky for us. DOM was 9/8/2009. For $17.99 I don't mind!

Quote Originally Posted by djma View Post

DD 2004 in Graco Affix backless w/ LATCH ~ Bubble Bum
    DS 2008 FF *sigh* in Britax Pinnacle 90/primary and Radian RXT ~ was ERF to age 5!! ~
    (other seats: Frontier 85 ~ Parkway SG)

Quote Originally Posted by eddis View Post
    How funny! Good on you for persevering!

The one I got had the clearance price tag on it and a note that said "Hold for customer, 8/5/10". Somebody passed up this deal, lucky for us. DOM was 9/8/2009. For $17.99 I don't mind!
    Wow! Your DOM is fantastic! Mine are 6/08, 2/09 and 7/09. They are for baby shower gifts--hopefully the moms-to-be won't mind getting a free, brand new 2008 seat

C~9/06 Boostered in FR85 Livia & Maui C~2/09 Boostered in GN Daisy & Julia
    Driving in 2005 Toyota Camry & 1994 Honda Accord

Quote Originally Posted by akearney3 View Post
    Wow! Your DOM is fantastic! Mine are 6/08, 2/09 and 7/09. They are for baby shower gifts--hopefully the moms-to-be won't mind getting a free, brand new 2008 seat
    Oh, that 's nice to know this is one of the newer ones! (Though as I told DH, if it had a month left on it I still would've wanted it, at this price. ) And you are such a nice friend to give your pals car seats! I can't imagine they would mind - even with the 2008 DOM, these things will last so much longer than a onesie!!
    DS 2008 FF *sigh* in Britax Pinnacle 90/primary and Radian RXT ~ was ERF to age 5!! ~

CPS Technician

That's what I figured too. I did score one with a 3/2010 dom. The others I got I've got 2 that are later 08 and 2 that are 12/09. Not too bad. I'm trying to sell the older ones and then I can keep, sell, or gift the newer ones.

If I keep one as a backup, it will be the 2010 though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Caleb 11 yrs. 70lbs. 55" 5-steps Megan 8.5 yrs. 45lbs. 48" Harmony Literider
    Grace 6 yrs. 40lbs. 42" Nautilus
    Cameron 4 yrs. 34lb. 39" Radian XTSL
    Sally born 4/28 SR35, Zach born 4/28 Combi Coccoro

Ok so I got one of the 27.99 Black Ice EFTA wooo hooo!!!
    Question: without opening the box, where are you finding the DOM?
    Problem: DH really wants me to return or sell it We are a one car family, DD is only 2 weeks old and rides in a S1st OBA35 which I requested after her ride home at 2 days in the Peg which she didn't fit! I have an 08 MA and a FR, the Peg is on Craigslist, unless it sells to off set the EFTA cost we really don't even have that $ to spare and I guess I really should get rid of it!
    But still glad I scored one, would love to get another...also sent my expecting friend in another state and my mom to check their stores

Mommy to my 1st*princess*Born@Home7/23/2010 in a S1st OBA35
    Grateful Godmommy to my loves :DGS1-07/26/01,DGD1-12/02/05,DGD2-06/01/07,DGS2-11/21/08,DGS3 09/10/09

Senior Community Member

has anyone in michigan been lucky enough to find the efta on sale??

I found one (Avenue)!! Manufacture date of 6/08, but for $17.99 I am not going to complain - DS will almost definitely outgrow it by height before expiration anyway! Mine was just floating around on the bottom shelf with no packaging whatsover. No manual either... I found it online though. I found someone and asked where to scan it to check the price & she had a scanner but couldn't find anything to scan on the seat, so she called a manager over who perused the shelves for the shelf tag and read off the number to her & sure nuff it was $17.99!

Quote Originally Posted by Smillow View Post
    I found one (Avenue)!! Manufacture date of 6/08, but for $17.99 I am not going to complain - DS will almost definitely outgrow it by height before expiration anyway! Mine was just floating around on the bottom shelf with no packaging whatsover. No manual either... I found it online though. I found someone and asked where to scan it to check the price & she had a scanner but couldn't find anything to scan on the seat, so she called a manager over who perused the shelves for the shelf tag and read off the number to her & sure nuff it was $17.99!
    Ha, I love it! This is like a multi-state scavenger hunt! Or like the car seat version of The Amazing Race!