Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: Avenue on clearance at KMart - 17.99

Got the last Avenue my store had and it was indeed 17.99!

DD - 12/07 - Backless Turbo
    DS - 9/13 - Boulevard

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

I bought an Avenue, and there were about 3 left. I got the last $23 TB. Good to have back up/ give away seats.

No air seats though.
    Mama to Sofi: 7.1 yrs, 46Lbs (47"), Boostered in a Turbo, Vivo, Monterey, Cybex; harnessed in Nautilus
    Nanny to BabyD, 21 months in a RXT, Classic Marathon, Boulevard 70

I'm glad I could pass on the news of a great bargain!
    PEG - Gramma to:
    Hannah - 16 - Seatbelt! Reya - 1.5 4Ever/BLVD/Peg
    Brett - 15 - Seatbelt Nolan - 2.5 - 4Ever/Fllo
    Matt- 11 - Seatbelt Baby Boy due 1/17/19 Pipa
    Griffin - 6 - Parkway SG

5. Thank You from:

11/09 DOM....not bad

DD - 12/07 - Backless Turbo
    DS - 9/13 - Boulevard

CPS Technician

Thanks! I drove all over and picked up 5 of them (the last 5 in the Salt Lake Valley). I figure I can use them for shower gifts, sell them to friends, whatever (maybe even make a little $$).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Caleb 11 yrs. 70lbs. 55" 5-steps Megan 8.5 yrs. 45lbs. 48" Harmony Literider
    Grace 6 yrs. 40lbs. 42" Nautilus
    Cameron 4 yrs. 34lb. 39" Radian XTSL
    Sally born 4/28 SR35, Zach born 4/28 Combi Coccoro

Hit the k-mart across town. Neither had any triumphs and all the Avenue's were 35.99. I called a few stores within an hour's drive. One said their Avenue's were 17.99, but they're out and the other didn't know what they were talking about and said none of their car seats were clearanced. So I ended up with a 35.99 one, but I still think it was worth it.
    Mommy to L - 11.5 yrs, 160 lbs, 4'9" riding in seat belt
    F - 4.5 yrs, 33 lbs, 39" riding rear facing in a Graco extend2fit and Graco milestome
    A - 3 yrs, 32 lbs, 37" riding rear facing in a Graco extend2fit and Graco milestone

Quote Originally Posted by ajtastad View Post
    Hit the k-mart across town. Neither had any triumphs and all the Avenue's were 35.99. I called a few stores within an hour's drive. One said their Avenue's were 17.99, but they're out and the other didn't know what they were talking about and said none of their car seats were clearanced. So I ended up with a 35.99 one, but I still think it was worth it.
    Taller shell, EPS foam, for the price of an onsale Scenera, I'd call it good too
    Mama to Sofi: 7.1 yrs, 46Lbs (47"), Boostered in a Turbo, Vivo, Monterey, Cybex; harnessed in Nautilus

I went to my kmart and they were all gone, so drover 45mins and got the last 3 $17.99.

One for my ciece one for the little girl across the street and one cause I know there will be some one around here with another 10yro seat.
    Isaiah 11yrs 5'4" 144# passes the 5 step test Cadence 8yrs 47# btb Naveah 6yrs 50# btb Emma 5yrs 41# RF diono 120 & booster Elijah 3YRS 38lbs RF diono 120
    Auto correct gone wild.

I have absolutely no need for one of these, but... hm. I know I can come up with some use for it. We don't have a KMart very close, but I could make the drive maybe... hm. What an awesome deal!
    Jenny
    CPST and mommy to
    Jessica 6.18.06 and Tyler 8.5.08
    Both riding in Frontier 85s

Senior Community Member SuzaBanana's Avatar

Just picked up 2 for DD

For anyone in the Boston area, the Saugus Kmart only has a display model out, but no seats. The Somerville Kmart had 2 Abbey Avenues that I bought & while I didn't see others, I may have missed them. That store is seriously disorganized

Grandparents are now covered for a while!
    integrity is doing the right thing when no one is watching

Quote Originally Posted by Mom2FiveGirls View Post
    I got an Evenflo Triumph LX for $27.99 *they have an 8 year expiration date?!? the man. date was 2/18/10 and it says it will expire on 2/18/18. I had no idea I also got an Avenue (man. date 7/2009) for $17.99. The Triumph looked SOO wide that I didn't think it would work beside DD5's MR (both RFing) and DD1's NBB so I bought the avenue just in case it didn't. But it did!!! It was a tight fit, but it worked. So now I'm going to sell the avenue (or return it...would that be ok? I took it out of the travel case thing it comes in, adjusted the harness and put DD#3, 4, and 5 in it, but never even installed it) and keep the Triumph for the little boy I babysit (I was using a roundabout that expires the end of this month) and to have an as extra! I was very impressed with it. DD#3 still its FFing and DD#2 would be right at the height limit for FFing if she weren't over 50 lbs!
    Just curious. Was that the Evenflo Triumph Advance LX in Black Ice or the regular Triumph for that great price?

C~9/06 Boostered in FR85 Livia & Maui C~2/09 Boostered in GN Daisy & Julia
    Driving in 2005 Toyota Camry & 1994 Honda Accord

CPS Technician

If you go to Kmart.com and find the seats there under clearance, then click on layaway... there is a box to enter your zip code. It will show if your kmarts have them.
    I wish I was in America!!

Johnathon 10yrs, 76 lbs, 5-steps
    Seth, 6yrs, 43lbs in Clek Oobr
    River, 4yrs, 38lbs in FR85 and Clek Foonf

15. Thank You from:

Thanks SOOOO much for sharing this deal, OP! I was able to pick up two Triumph Advance LX's for $27! I'd been wanting second seats for DH's car and I'm THRILLED to get them for this price.

Quote Originally Posted by akearney3 View Post
    Just curious. Was that the Evenflo Triumph Advance LX in Black Ice or the regular Triumph for that great price?

Evenflo triumph advance lx. I posted pics of my girls in it on the carseat chat board.
    Sarah
    Mom to: Alyssa (13 years, 5'4", seat belt) Makaela (12 years, 5'0", 78 lbs, 5 steps in most vehicles, cosco nbb in DH's truck) Sydney (10 years, 57", 68 lbs, Parkway SG, literider) Lillian (8 years, 75 lbs, 54" Parkway SGL, literider) Ella (7 years, 48 lbs, 48", CA65, Frontier85)

18. Thank You from:

Quote Originally Posted by mykidsmylife View Post
    If you go to Kmart.com and find the seats there under clearance, then click on layaway... there is a box to enter your zip code. It will show if your kmarts have them.
    I wish I was in America!!
    Not always. It said the kmart closest to me had an avenue and when I got there 20 minutes later I was told they have never carried that seat...
    Sarah
    Mom to: Alyssa (13 years, 5'4", seat belt) Makaela (12 years, 5'0", 78 lbs, 5 steps in most vehicles, cosco nbb in DH's truck) Sydney (10 years, 57", 68 lbs, Parkway SG, literider) Lillian (8 years, 75 lbs, 54" Parkway SGL, literider) Ella (7 years, 48 lbs, 48", CA65, Frontier85)

You guys are killing me. I want an eta for dh's car. Cheap is the only way I'm going to get it. I am going on vacation, though and can't be driving all over the state hunting for car seats
    Christine *mom* to

Dd1 age 17 (seatbelt), Dd2 age 15 (seatbelt), Ds1 age 14 (seatbelt), Dd4 age 12 (Seatbelt), Ds2 age 10 (Probooster), Dd4 age 7 (rstv), and dd5 age 1 (rfing Pria)

I got a pink TB yesterday, and got a Lizards in Line TB today. I found out via FB there's someone I know that has no boosters for her boys, and she and DH are currently unemployed. Thanks to my connections at church, I have funding to pay for the TBs and a few Avenues (if I can find more)

Does anyone know if Sears has the same prices?

CPS Technician

Okay so not always but I have had 5 frineds get seats using it. So worth the try.

Johnathon 10yrs, 76 lbs, 5-steps
    Seth, 6yrs, 43lbs in Clek Oobr
    River, 4yrs, 38lbs in FR85 and Clek Foonf

ours only had one titan for $50, no other discounts.

Alex, 8 Katie, 12 and Annabelle Jan 2017

Carseat Crazy

Quote Originally Posted by Mom2FiveGirls View Post
    I got an Evenflo Triumph LX for $27.99 *they have an 8 year expiration date?!? the man. date was 2/18/10 and it says it will expire on 2/18/18. I had no idea I also got an Avenue (man. date 7/2009) for $17.99. The Triumph looked SOO wide that I didn't think it would work beside DD5's MR (both RFing) and DD1's NBB so I bought the avenue just in case it didn't. But it did!!! It was a tight fit, but it worked. So now I'm going to sell the avenue (or return it...would that be ok? I took it out of the travel case thing it comes in, adjusted the harness and put DD#3, 4, and 5 in it, but never even installed it) and keep the Triumph for the little boy I babysit (I was using a roundabout that expires the end of this month) and to have an as extra! I was very impressed with it. DD#3 still its FFing and DD#2 would be right at the height limit for FFing if she weren't over 50 lbs!
    I think the Evenflo Triumph LX is only 6 year expiry, but I could be wrong. Even so it is an awesome deal.

I bought an Avenue for $35.99 last week (had to scan it as it was marked $54.99), do you think if it's marked down again they will refund the difference?
    Desirae 18-seat belt, Emma 14-seat belt, Ervin, Jr. 8-Lizard LBTB or Harmony Literider, Lily 5-Cow PWSG, Isaac 4-FF GN or Maestro