Avenue on clearance at KMart - 17.99

NannyMom

I think the Evenflo Triumph LX is only 6 year expiry, but I could be wrong. Even so it is an awesome deal.

I bought an Avenue for $35.99 last week (had to scan it as it was marked $54.99), do you think if it's marked down again they will refund the difference?

I know Target doesn't do that for clearance, I doubt Kmart would either.

ADS

ZephyrBlue

Found 3 Avenues here for $17.99, one of the employees really wanted one for her grandson who's 2 and in a booster, so I told her to take it. Checked the other KMarts in the area, nothing else left.

If you go to Kmart.com and find the seats there under clearance, then click on layaway... there is a box to enter your zip code. It will show if your kmarts have them

Didn't work for my area KMart stores- must be regional? It listed seats instock at a particular store that had none.

love-pink

was anyone able to find the efta on sale in michigan??? I found an avenue but I don't like it.
kmart.com said that my local store would have the efta but when I went they had none :( i love that black ice cover!!

Last edited:
Oh man I hope mine has some still I was going to get one as soon as my ergo sold, but if they still have one I migh get to keep my ergo, this would replace the scenera my neighbor crashed!
My Kmart is CLUELESSSSSSSS.. soo I am not going ot bother calling lol. I didn't think they actually had avenues in last time I was there though..hmm

Nope.. none at my store, the sales associate was *****y and told me you guys were making it up. She said there is also no such thing as a safety 1st avenue, and felt compeled to explain to me that Safety 1st is a brand name... and they have a safety 1st car seat there that is 100 dollars and one that is 60.. I asked her what kind and she said "safety 1st"
Ok she was dumb.. never mind. I guess the ergo is going:thumbsdown:

twinkletoes

I got a pink TB yesterday, and got a Lizards in Line TB today. I found out via FB there's someone I know that has no boosters for her boys, and she and DH are currently unemployed. Thanks to my connections at church, I have funding to pay for the TBs and a few Avenues (if I can find more) :thumbsup:

Does anyone know if Sears has the same prices?

is this the graco turbobooster?

twinkletoes

picked up a graco turbo booster in lizards (23.99)and an evenflow triumph advance LX (27.99) thanks for sharing this awesome deal! I tried dd in the Avenue but although she is a skinny 6 year old, her shoulders were tight and she found it uncomfortable :(.. shame.. but she still had growing room for height.. (she's only 34lbs) It's a nice skinny seat... but can't complain at the price of the evenflow and she has sooo much growing room still -

eddis

I just got one!! Yay!! When I first saw the deal I wasn't thinking about our upcoming trip, but then realized it could be a travel seat. There is still a pink one at the Springfield (VA) Kmart, if anyone is in the area. And I think Silver Spring (MD) is out of the Avenues, but they said they have an Evenflo (forget what model) for something like $59. Still sounds like a good deal. Hope that helps someone!

djma

Got the last one -- after a fight! LOL The cashier was convinced it was a pricing error and wouldn't let me get it until the manager came over. They talked and talked and finally agreed to let me buy it. My friend had gone that morning and bought the other 2 and no one said anything to them.

Great for a back up seat!! :D

StillThankful

Got the last one -- after a fight! LOL The cashier was convinced it was a pricing error and wouldn't let me get it until the manager came over. They talked and talked and finally agreed to let me buy it. My friend had gone that morning and bought the other 2 and no one said anything to them.

Yep. In my case, the Kmart workers were unaware as well that the seats were marked down that low. Apparently, there is a "car seat" person who comes and marks them down--not a Kmart employee--at least that's what a Kmart employee told me:whistle::confused:

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
I'm hoping DH gets his day off tomorrow like he asked for. If so, I'll go over and see. If not, it'll have to wait till Thursday so I can drop the kids off the babysitter's house that's behind K-Mart, lol. The website showed they had the EFTA here.

ZephyrBlue

Yeah, the employee whom I asked to scan the Titan was freaking out when I told her that the Avenue was $17.99- she kept asking me if I was sure. That's when she asked if she could take 1 of the 3 for her grandson. And the person at the register asked me if I knew they were $17.99 when they rang up.

eddis

How funny! Good on you for persevering! :)

The one I got had the clearance price tag on it and a note that said "Hold for customer, 8/5/10". Somebody passed up this deal, lucky for us. :p DOM was 9/8/2009. For $17.99 I don't mind! :)

StillThankful

How funny! Good on you for persevering! :)

The one I got had the clearance price tag on it and a note that said "Hold for customer, 8/5/10". Somebody passed up this deal, lucky for us. :p DOM was 9/8/2009. For $17.99 I don't mind! :)

Wow! Your DOM is fantastic! Mine are 6/08, 2/09 and 7/09. They are for baby shower gifts--hopefully the moms-to-be won't mind getting a free, brand new 2008 seat:whistle:

eddis

Wow! Your DOM is fantastic! Mine are 6/08, 2/09 and 7/09. They are for baby shower gifts--hopefully the moms-to-be won't mind getting a free, brand new 2008 seat:whistle:

Oh, that 's nice to know this is one of the newer ones! (Though as I told DH, if it had a month left on it I still would've wanted it, at this price. :ROTFLMAO:) And you are such a nice friend to give your pals car seats! I can't imagine they would mind - even with the 2008 DOM, these things will last so much longer than a onesie!! :D

lorismurph

Senior Community Member
That's what I figured too. I did score one with a 3/2010 dom. The others I got I've got 2 that are later 08 and 2 that are 12/09. Not too bad. I'm trying to sell the older ones and then I can keep, sell, or gift the newer ones.

If I keep one as a backup, it will be the 2010 though.

PHaley

Ok so I got one of the 27.99 Black Ice EFTA wooo hooo!!!
Question: without opening the box, where are you finding the DOM?
Problem: DH really wants me to return or sell it :( We are a one car family, DD is only 2 weeks old and rides in a S1st OBA35 which I requested after her ride home at 2 days in the Peg which she didn't fit! I have an 08 MA and a FR, the Peg is on Craigslist, unless it sells to off set the EFTA cost we really don't even have that $ to spare and I guess I really should get rid of it!
But still glad I scored one, would love to get another...also sent my expecting friend in another state and my mom to check their stores :)

Smillow

I found one (Avenue)!! Manufacture date of 6/08, but for $17.99 I am not going to complain - DS will almost definitely outgrow it by height before expiration anyway! Mine was just floating around on the bottom shelf with no packaging whatsover. No manual either... I found it online though. I found someone and asked where to scan it to check the price & she had a scanner but couldn't find anything to scan on the seat, so she called a manager over who perused the shelves for the shelf tag and read off the number to her & sure nuff it was $17.99!

eddis

I found one (Avenue)!! Manufacture date of 6/08, but for $17.99 I am not going to complain - DS will almost definitely outgrow it by height before expiration anyway! Mine was just floating around on the bottom shelf with no packaging whatsover. No manual either... I found it online though. I found someone and asked where to scan it to check the price & she had a scanner but couldn't find anything to scan on the seat, so she called a manager over who perused the shelves for the shelf tag and read off the number to her & sure nuff it was $17.99!

Ha, I love it! This is like a multi-state scavenger hunt! Or like the car seat version of The Amazing Race! :ROTFLMAO:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC