Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Senior Community Member melniemi's Avatar

Re: Avenue on clearance at KMart - 17.99

I should go look for some seats too....

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Just wanted to say Thanks for this thread. I was able to fine an Avenue for 17.00 (Spare), ETA for $27.99 (Replace crappysport in Grandma's car), and a TurboBooster in Lizards for $23.99 (Replace DNi's crashed booster the in-laws refuse to replace.
    Last edited by ZanesMom; 08-15-2010 at 09:03 AM. Reason: Spelling
    Jessica - Driving a 2011 Honda Insight in Sky Blue
    Mom to Zane (4/08) riding in either a CowMoo Frontier, Radian XTSL in Ventura, or Recaro Signo.

man, i didnt have any luck at my kmart... avenues were all gone... didnt see any eftas either...
    mommy to Mariya Adysen 11/28/07
    Austin Chase 06/30/09

Checked the closest Kmart as soon I saw this thread, but it was still 35.99... went to the other Kmart and they were out.

I decided to check again today and found 2 left for 17.99! Still don't know what to do with them. I think I will be selling one. My son has enough seats already, but I couldn't pass up the deal. DOMs both 3/10/2009

do we have anyone from the pittsburgh area? ill be travel that way in the next week or so & wanted to stop at some kmarts... thanks!!!
    mommy to Mariya Adysen 11/28/07
    Austin Chase 06/30/09

Quote Originally Posted by SuzaBanana View Post
    Just picked up 2 for DD

For anyone in the Boston area, the Saugus Kmart only has a display model out, but no seats.
    I'm LOL you were at the Saugus Kmart, I grew up in Saugus. It's kind of sad going back now though, it's getting so rundown.

Reading this thread it's been interesting to see who's buying and for whom/what. Daycare seats, gifts for nieces/grandkids/friends' kids in expired seats, just-in-case seats. Makes me think that manufacturers would be smart to do end-of-model-year clearance sales, and introduce all-new colors and covers (just covers, not features, so techs don't have to re-train ). They'd make up for the discounted prices in volume, and more kids would be in safer seats!!

(and why on earth don't they make a bigger deal of the AAP's revised guidelines, along with trumpeting how RF now goes up to 35 or even 45 lbs. these days? I bet they'd sell more seats!)
    DD 2004 in Graco Affix backless w/ LATCH ~ Bubble Bum
    DS 2008 FF *sigh* in Britax Pinnacle 90/primary and Radian RXT ~ was ERF to age 5!! ~
    (other seats: Frontier 85 ~ Parkway SG)

We dont have them.Anyone have one they would send me?

No Avenues or EFTAs at my Kmart either. Did score a HB TB though for $24!

I'm in Northern CA, near Sacramento, and my Kmart had three left. Two girl covers and 1 boy. I already have two back up seats and I couldn't think of a reason to get another one. I did pick up a turbobooster for a friend.

The manufacture date on all three was 2008, but with 6 years still left it's an awesome deal for someone.

We got one!! Our kmart had tons and didnt even know they were on clearence till she rang it up.

CPS Technician LuckyFins3Lil'Fish's Avatar

Where are you at shawnw?
    DS: 2-3-06 Boostered in a Diono Monterey. DDs: 3-21-08 FF Evenflo Big Kid Amp & Britax Frontier 85 Booster Mode
    Children are unpredictable. You never know what inconsistency they're going to catch you in next. ~Franklin P. Jones