What would I do with a custom Boyd Coddington Solstice?

JaRylan

Just for fun let's say I won the grand-prize of a custom-designed Pontiac Solstice, could I put a ff'ing carseat in the front? This is the grand-prize in a lottery up here in Saskatchewan. The car is valued at $109,000...tickets are $25 each or 3 for $50. I don't think I can even buy a ticket because I am a volunteer member of one of the orgnizations that is benefitting from the lottery. :( Then there's the whole carseat issue....:rolleyes:

http://www.coddingtonlottery.com/index.html

ADS

TheRealMacGyver

OH YEH! If you win that, I wouldn't worry about putting a car seat in it-because the kid would be staying home! That's a sharp car, you could always keep it for a few months and then sell it.

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
I sat in a Solstice's corporate twin, the Saturn Sky convertible, recently at the local dealership. I didn't investigate whether there was an airbag switch for the passenger side frontal airbag. I was too busy trying to figure out how to fit comfortably behind the wheel, and convinced myself not to take it for a test drive, lol. I'm 5' 6" and it was really hard to find a comfortable position behind the wheel. With the driver's seat moved up enough so I could reach the pedals, my knees were touching the lower edge of the dash and I felt like I needed to duck down to actually see through the windshield, lol. It could be a fun car if you can drive it comfortably and find a sitter for the kids. :) There's also no interior storage really whatsoever, and the tiny trunk is taken over by the top when it's lowered.

JaRylan

I guess if I win I'll be budgeting for a babysitter for the summer months so I can cruise. Then sell it in the fall so I can pay the babysitter, lol.

broken4u05

I guess if I win I'll be budgeting for a babysitter for the summer months so I can cruise. Then sell it in the fall so I can pay the babysitter, lol.
Sounds like a plan. lol have fun. I think everyone here needs that. how cool would it be to win a car? most of the time i don't even try because i know i will never win

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC