Anyone know the MINIMUM weight to use Safety 1st Go?

julia94115

I'm in another debate...
someone has said that the Safety 1st Go Hybrid can be used at 22 pounds and 1 yr! The Safeguard Go was 30 pounds...

I can't find the current info online...

Anyone?

ADS

julia94115

Taken from the "current" Safeguard Go manual online...
When used in the harness mode:

• USE ONLY WITH CHILDREN WHO WEIGH BETWEEN 30 AND 60
POUNDS (13.6 - 27 KG) AND WHOSE HEIGHT IS BETWEEN 34
AND 52 INCHES (86 - 132 CM), AND WHO ARE OVER 1 YEAR OF
AGE.

When used in the belt-positioning booster
mode (without the harness):
• USE ONLY WITH CHILDREN WHO WEIGH BETWEEN 40 AND 100
POUNDS (18 - 45 KG) AND WHOSE HEIGHT IS BETWEEN 43 AND
57 INCHES (109 - 145 CM), AND WHO ARE 3 YEARS OLD OR
OLDER.
• USE ONLY THE VEHICLE LAP AND SHOULDER BELT SYSTEM when
restraining the child in the booster seat. NEVER use a lap belt only

NVMBR02

IIRC it was originally 30# and then went to 22#, or maybe I have them backwards.

This is what I thought. That it was 30lbs then the weight limit was lowered to 22lbs before while it was still made by safeguard.

I could also have it backwards though.

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
O.K. so it went 22# and then when they changed it it went to 30#. Dorel has changed it back to 22# it seems since taking over which fits into their other seats.

julia94115

Someone in my mom's group is recommending this seat to another mom for her 22 pound 11 month old....

I am just sick...
but I'm workin' on them both!

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
Nice. If Dorel makes it I can almost guarantee it has a 34" minimum, not to mention he should still be rfing.

Maedze

It was actually ORIGINALLY 30 pounds. THEN they dropped it to 20-22. When it was bought by Safety First the minimum was 22.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC