HBB or NBB for trips to daycare

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
The boys will need to get driven from school to the babysitter 1-2x a week this semester by someone, we're not sure who right now. It will not be DH or I though and not their babysitter. I will need to get them new boosters as I don't have enough, but I want cheap ones, not looking at getting a new PW or anything. It's maybe a 10 minute in city drive. HBB or NBB?

ADS

Angela

I would just go for 2 hb turbos. That way you don't have to worry about the no headrest issue, since you don't know what car(s) they will be in. One question though... According to your siggie your ODS is in a Regent since the booster failed... Is he going to be able to sit still in a booster in someone else's car?

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
Yes, he sits fine for short trips, especially w/ other people. He uses a booster, as does Evan, when he rides w/ DH. I'm thinking about trying a booster again full time w/ AJ, but he hasn't mentioned it lately so I'm thinking neither will I. ;) Last time I tried though I couldn't deal w/ it anymore, plus if he's mad at me he knows how to push my buttons fast by not sitting right. I wonder where he gets that from?! Good point on the headrests, I hadn't thought about that. I asked Evan's teacher to take them and she said she'd need to ask her DH since they have leather seats and the boosters would leave indents. Ugh.

momto3girls

Senior Community Member
I'd get 2 hbb. I'm not comfortable with nbb. I have leather seats and our booster doesn't leave dents. :rolleyes: It may for a few minutes after the kid gets out, but then it's gone.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC