Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

CPS Technician

HBB or NBB for trips to daycare

The boys will need to get driven from school to the babysitter 1-2x a week this semester by someone, we're not sure who right now. It will not be DH or I though and not their babysitter. I will need to get them new boosters as I don't have enough, but I want cheap ones, not looking at getting a new PW or anything. It's maybe a 10 minute in city drive. HBB or NBB?
    Jennifer, Special Needs CPST, peds nurse, and CSFTL Admin mom to:
    AJ-13 (five steps), Evan-11 (nbb),
    Ilana-9 (nbb) ,
    Olivia-7 (hbb), and
    Unity-3 (rf and ff)

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: HBB or NBB for trips to daycare

I would just go for 2 hb turbos. That way you don't have to worry about the no headrest issue, since you don't know what car(s) they will be in. One question though... According to your siggie your ODS is in a Regent since the booster failed... Is he going to be able to sit still in a booster in someone else's car?
    Mommy to L - 11.5 yrs, 160 lbs, 4'9" riding in seat belt
    F - 4.5 yrs, 33 lbs, 39" riding rear facing in a Graco extend2fit and Graco milestome
    A - 3 yrs, 32 lbs, 37" riding rear facing in a Graco extend2fit and Graco milestone

CPS Technician

Yes, he sits fine for short trips, especially w/ other people. He uses a booster, as does Evan, when he rides w/ DH. I'm thinking about trying a booster again full time w/ AJ, but he hasn't mentioned it lately so I'm thinking neither will I. Last time I tried though I couldn't deal w/ it anymore, plus if he's mad at me he knows how to push my buttons fast by not sitting right. I wonder where he gets that from?! Good point on the headrests, I hadn't thought about that. I asked Evan's teacher to take them and she said she'd need to ask her DH since they have leather seats and the boosters would leave indents. Ugh.
    Ilana-9 (nbb) ,
    Olivia-7 (hbb), and
    Unity-3 (rf and ff)

I'd get 2 hbb. I'm not comfortable with nbb. I have leather seats and our booster doesn't leave dents. It may for a few minutes after the kid gets out, but then it's gone.
    April Senior checker / Special needs trained
    DD1 10.5yrs Harmony cruz
    DD2 6.5yrs PKWY SG
    DD3 5yrs FF GN

CPS Technician

Quote Originally Posted by momto3girls View Post
    I'd get 2 hbb. I'm not comfortable with nbb. I have leather seats and our booster doesn't leave dents. It may for a few minutes after the kid gets out, but then it's gone.
    I mean seriosly, 10 mins max 2x a week. Dents, really?!
    Ilana-9 (nbb) ,
    Olivia-7 (hbb), and
    Unity-3 (rf and ff)