Going to Target tomorrow to play with seats

glockchick

Got a couple of questions for ya. ;)

We're going to Target to try car seats tomorrow after my final (dear Lord, please let me make >83) to play with all the seats.

Would you get a 50 lb seat for a 45 lb kid?

Abigail wants to be harnessed and I don't see any reason not to. Should I consider the Maestro for her or nix it because of the 50 lb weight limit. That would pretty much limit her to the GN or FR.

I'm not going to get a rfing seat for Kaleigh unless it just happens to be what fits best. I weighed her today and she's 38 lbs. A CA wouldn't give me any more harness height for her than the BLVD or MA I have so that doesn't make much sense either.

ADS

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
Well, if the 50 lb seat fit the kid and the vehicle, sure. Just realize that you will have to find a booster soon (that fits).

glockchick

She had a booster that fits. She just prefers to be harnessed. Might be the cup holder. :whistle:

She can also buckle and unbuckle herself in the harness but not in the booster because her seat is right next to CJ's. :)

wvmommy007

I'd go for it since she could buckle herself in, and she'll have 2 cupholders. And you have more kids who can use it later. AND its pretty affordable and lasts 8 years. All this in case you just wanted talked into it. :D Assuming it fits your car, of course. Happy shopping! And good luck with your test.

BrendansMommy

I wouldn't, but I'm ok with boostering after age 6. If had a harnessed ready to go, sure. I wouldn't buy one for it and I definitely wouldn't buy one that only gets me 5 lbs. JMO.

glockchick

Ok, I am not impressed. I guess I (and the kids) used to the squishy covers and comfort foam of my Britax seats. Kaleigh has lots of growing room in the CA, but it only goes to 50 lbs.

IMG_0092.jpg

She had about the same amount of room in the Maestro, but the seat is shallow and the belt cuts into her neck. I was impressed by the metal reinforcement of the buckle path though. :thumbsup:

Abigail said the FR is much more comfortable than the GN. Here are a couple more height pics. I'd have gotten more, but the girls were less than cooperative.

Abigail (6) showing growing room in the Maestro and Nautilus. For reference, she's right at the top slots of the Britax Marathon.
IMG_0093.jpg

IMG_0095.jpg

Sooooo, for now I guess I'm putting Kaleigh's FR85 in dh's car and her BLVD in mine. Abi can keep her FR85.

The other option would be to get Kaleigh a CA and let her rear face in it for now and then pass it on to CJ when he hits 35 lbs. Hopefully the CA 65 will be out by then and she can get that for my car. It's the narrowest option and has a pretty high harness.

What do you think of that plan?

bekah

Can I ask if you know her torso height? I really want my ds to be able to harness until age 6 and he currently is only at 14 in torso height, so I think it's doable, but I wanted to see what your daughter's torso height is if you have it.

glockchick

Which one, the 6 year old or the 4 year old? I'll get them in a couple of days. They're with my parents tonight and we have a family thing this weekend. Just wanted you to know I'm not blowing you off, just busy. ;)

glockchick

Abi's torso height is 16"

Kaleigh's is 13", but I think she was slouching a tad.

Sorry it took me so long. We had a water leak and the water was off all weekend so we stayed at the inlaws. :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC