Why is he riding in my seat?!!

Jillybeans5

I just finished doing a major carseat switcheroo. Five kids, three in carseats, in a seven passenger Yukon XL. I had a Nautilus in the 3rd row center, another in the 2nd row captains chair drivers side, and a MA(33lb RF limit) in captains chair passenger side, big kids outboard 3rd row.

First I turned my newly 2yr old FF since he was consistently weighing 34 lbs fully clothed, I wasn't happy about it, but didn't have extra money lying around for new carseats. Then thanks to this site I realized my 3rd row Nauti was wrong(it overhung the seat a bit) and the switcheroo began. I moved the FF MA to the third row center and the nauti to the second row captains chair passenger side as a temporary fix. Putting a young 2 yr old 3rd row is a royal pain and I only did it 3 times, lol.

So I researched and asked questions and finally decided to buy a scenera 40 rf, bought it, tried to install it, sweat my butt off, got really angry at scenera, gave up on stupid cheap carseat(JMO at the time, with the situation, lol), returned it. Bought Triumph 65, installed it easily enough (captains chair) , but didn't love it. Seat is plush and feels comfy but he seemed hooter than usual in it. Adjuster knobs were buried so deep in the captains chair it was very, very difficult to adjust harness and the buckle shape made it feel like I was going to pinch his chunky little belly when I buckled 2yr old DS in it.

Still frustrated, I got on the computer found the new Momentum 65 LX at BRU for $179.99, found and printed buy more save more coupon to get it for $149.99 + tx ( only $10 more than I paid for Triumph 65), went and bought it. Returned Triumph 65, really like the momentum 65. Oh, yeah the rest of the seats switched to older Nauti child drivers side captains chair and younger Nauti child to MA FF in 3rd row center.

I put my 2 yr old in the Momentum to adjust the harness and see how he likes it. He seems comfy and I'm pleased with the recline and the leg room. Head room looks pretty good too, he might actually fit RF'ing until 40 lbs.

But, he sees his cow seat(MA) and look it at me oh so sad and mumbles something to the effect of "Why don't I get to ride in MY seat", lol. Very pitiful, he just doesn't understand why his big bro is in his seat, not him.
Hopefully he'll adjust soon.

Do your LO's ever get upset about having to switch carseats with siblings? I didn't think he'd care, but he does.

ADS

Melanie

My3yo switched from a cowmoo marathon to a Radian several months ago. I've used it a couple of times when I've had friend's kids in my car. She'll go months without seeing it, but still insists it's HER seat. She really doesn't like other kids in it. Maybe it's the cowmoo :)

All our carseats have been passed down from my now 5yo. She hasn't minded but we've always talked up how neat the new seat is. Especially when switching from the cowmoo to the boring red Frontier. She's pretty easy going though.

eta: You've done some serious switching around. Just want to say kudos for caring so much.

Jillybeans5

I think maybe it is the cowmoo, I'd sit in it if I could:p, its just so darn cute.

As for all the switching, we've got an 8 hour drive trip tomorrow, so I felt really pressured to get it right and fast. I'm really disappointed that I didn't lose a couple lbs what with all the sweating while changing out the seats, LOL. I'm in Houston by the way, so it is H-O-T! I'm so glad its done, pheww!

KDK

It's the cowmoo its self. My oldest dd cried when I gave her cowmoo to her cousin b/c they had been in a wreck and needed a seat and we had just upgraded her to a regent. She was also peeved that I got her a monterray booster instead of a cowmoo one.

Last edited:

Jillybeans5

It must be the cowmoo. My 4 and 6 yr old DS's didn't get upset when they moved out of the cowmoo MA's, but they were 4 & 5 and getting Nauti's aka big boy seats. My LO just turned 2, not too interested in being a big boy yet as the baby of 5.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC