Is it worth it?

amy&girls

To put my 55lb almost 7yr old back in a harness for our road trip? I could squeeze her into our Apex65, and squeeze my 38lb (almost 42 in) almost 5yr old into a scenera. I don't know if my oldest would be happy about it though. It would be a tight squeeze, and she's been in the Turbo for a little over a year now... Thoughts? She doesn't sleep in the car anymore, so I'm not concerned about that, and she's pretty good about staying put in the booster.

ADS

Qarin

Worth it to who?

What are your concerns about you 6yo in the booster? That is, what issues are you hoping to address in considering moving her for this trip? Safety? Comfort? You mention things you're not concerned about (sleeping, maturity), though you qualify one of those (maturity) with "pretty"- is she not that good about staying put?

A booster seat (high back, preferably) is a safe choice for a 6 year old who remains in position for the entire time the vehicle is on the road.

amy&girls

Its nice to hear that a properly used booster is no safer than a harness... I guess its the over-protective mommy in me. Last time we took the trip we are getting ready to take she was still in a harness. She does very well in the booster.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC