What if there was a car seat olympics?

Irishmama

I've been thinking that since Chicago lost the bid for the Olympics, maybe instead there could be a car seat olympics.

Three day eventing could be replaced by the successful three across event. Day one, you get your vehicle, children, and seats. You can work on arranging, but you cannot install yet. Day two, install day. Day three, you must make a minimum of one hour drive without the children fighting.

Weight lifting could be replaced by having to carry a seat and child through an airport. Lightweight division, bucket seat and infant. Middle weight, Scenera and toddler. Heavy weight, Radian and preschooler.

Wrestling could be replaced by having to get determined toddler buckled into their seat while in the midst of a full-blown tantrum.

I think this idea could really work.

ADS

Pixels

I just wore a Radian, DD (2yo, 24-25 lbs), and diaper bag, while pregnant. Not exactly fun, but a whole lot better than trying to get toddler to walk through the airport, plus we were running a bit late. Having hands free on the layover to deal with getting food was great.

AtTheSouthDam

I just wore a Radian, DD (2yo, 24-25 lbs), and diaper bag, while pregnant. Not exactly fun, but a whole lot better than trying to get toddler to walk through the airport, plus we were running a bit late. Having hands free on the layover to deal with getting food was great.

Okay, I just imagined the toddler in the RN on your back kicking the people behind her in the chin. I pitied your shoulders and wondered just how much weight those shoulder straps could handle. Then I noticed the comma... lol

Okay, I just imagined the toddler in the RN on your back kicking the people behind her in the chin. I pitied your shoulders and wondered just how much weight those shoulder straps could handle. Then I noticed the comma... lol
:ROTFLMAO:

Edited to add: and we'd have to invent some event using a Decathlon b/c of the name. Maybe 10 ways to destroy an expired Decathlon?

Pixels

No, heck no. DD was in the Ergo, with backpack (diaper bag) accessory strapped on. As it was, I had bruises on my shoulders. I'm not usually a bruiser (once a year, maybe), but apparently I bruise more easily while pg.

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
:ROTFLMAO: I'm also envisioning a "see who can untwist a twisted seatbelt the fastest" competitive event.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC