Is this safe?

mommyof3tx

My 5yr old is riding in a Parkway and doing really well, always sits how he should so I'm feeling comfortable with him in it. But he's very particular, things need to be just right (OCD) and on his Nautilus it had the harness covers for by his neck. He is asking for something on the seatbelt now...even though it doesn't touch his neck it's somehow bothering him that there isn't something there. Would it be safe to take one from his Nautilus and put it on the adult seatbelt?

ADS

monstah

I wouldn't normally recommend it but might in this case. I just can't remember, do the strap covers on the GN have a weight limit on them? Because it caused too much head excursion with more weight?

mommyof3tx

You know I'd have to look back through my manual I'm not completely sure now, we aren't using them. But I wonder if that would make a difference since it's not actually doing anything? The belt doesn't touch his neck at all

Mommy2Marcus

I am not sure, but wouldn't they be to narrow to fit on the regular seat belt? I know that the harness on a car seat seems to be narrower than a regular seat belt.

mommyof3tx

Yeah they might be, I haven't tried, would there be anything that would be ok just to please him? His thinking is it could possibly somehow someway touch his neck and it would immediately hurt for some reason. So he needs to "prevent" that by putting a pad like his other seat had on it

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
I have an adult seat belt cover my gramma bought for me. it's soft. I have no idea where to buy them.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC