How can I contact a moderator

dragonfly8

I'd like to get into the Tech part of the forum, but don't yet have a tech #. Apparently the tech # part is going to be removed from the forms (through MPI) because it's not needed to process them, so who knows how long it will take to actually receive it in the mail.

Or is this impossible?

ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I'll let someone else specifically address your tech forum question, but to contact a mod you just send a PM. You can send one to Admin, that will get you to someone who can probably give you the info you need. :)

QuassEE

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Once you are able to scan or photograph your certificate, PM me with the location and I will provide you with instructions on obtaining tech status on the forums.

-Nicole.

QuassEE

How long has it been since the course? Usually they're sent out within a few weeks, automatically. Can you contact your instructor?

-Nicole.

dragonfly8

How long has it been since the course? Usually they're sent out within a few weeks, automatically. Can you contact your instructor?

-Nicole.

May 6th is the day I became certified. I"ve tried contacting the instructor, she's not the best at returning messages..........she did email me today saying this though

"you can go ahead and do the inspections without the tech #. It is absolutely fine.

Getting the certification number can take a while, and actually we’re removing that part from our forms because we don’t need it to process it."

I had asked how to obtain my # as I'd like to "officially" do checks.......

QuassEE

You took the course, and you deserve to have confirmation of your work via the certificate. I don't know why your instructor thinks that the certificate is unimportant--I've had parents ask to SEE my certification. Let's put it this way--if you took a CPR course, wouldn't you expect your certificate? This isn't any different.

-Nicole.

hipmaman

I agree with Nicole. You need that certification with the tech number as it is your ID. And if it's with SJA, the branch should be able to do that quickly enough, imo.

snowbird25ca

Considering that the certificates sent out are through SJA, and reflect the class # (that is the only tech # that Canadian techs get,) I find it highly unlikely that that number is disappearing from your certificate. It sounds to me like she's just trying to get you off her back.

I'd contact your local SJA branch that you paid the course fee through and tell them you never received the certificate. I'm guessing that will get things moving faster.

Provincial records are independent of national ones, so most likely Barb wouldn't be able to help you in getting that # and a copy of your certificate. :(

featherhead

Considering that the certificates sent out are through SJA, and reflect the class # (that is the only tech # that Canadian techs get,) I find it highly unlikely that that number is disappearing from your certificate. It sounds to me like she's just trying to get you off her back.

I'd contact your local SJA branch that you paid the course fee through and tell them you never received the certificate. I'm guessing that will get things moving faster.

Provincial records are independent of national ones, so most likely Barb wouldn't be able to help you in getting that # and a copy of your certificate. :(

We took the course through MPI, didn't pay a cent. We never had anything to do with SJA. But they are supposed to send us our certificates.

dragonfly8

We took the course through MPI, didn't pay a cent. We never had anything to do with SJA. But they are supposed to send us our certificates.

We didn't pay out of our own pockets, MPI covered all costs.
Just so it doesn't sound like we took a free course!;)

I"m going to call SJA at 9, which it will be soon...............

dragonfly8

OK, now I"m mad. Totally feeling like a few of us waiting for our cert #'s are getting the runaround.

I called SJA and they said that yes, the certificates are issued by them, but the person I spoke to said she's pretty sure they're sent to MPI to be issued to techs. The man in charge of the CRST course is away for 2 weeks (of course;)) but I did leave him voicemail, and will be trying to get a hold of my instructor yet again, to get things figured out.

I have plans to do a clinic with a couple people in Sept, and NEED THAT #!!!!!

kaitlyn

Senior Community Member
I finished my course May 1st and received my certificate June 17th. It came from Transport Canada for some reason.

Twinklefae

It took almost 6 months for me to get my certificate. SJA gave them to my instructor, who is great, but a bit of a flake - getting organized enough to send out the certificates took her awhile.

snowbird25ca

I finished my course May 1st and received my certificate June 17th. It came from Transport Canada for some reason.

Sometimes instructors will submit the paperwork to Barb who then submits the paperwork to SJA National office. In that case, they return the certificates to Barb, who will then either mail them directly or return them to the instructor to mail out. The class that Nicole and I taught received the certificates directly from TC as well because that was the route we took. :thumbsup:

amyd

Yeah, mine was the same deal. Amanda submits the info to Barb & Barb sends them out. DH took his course at the end of June & is still waiting on his certificate. I think Barb's been on vacation sometime in there, though.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC