Does a rf MR puzzle with a TB?

Raegansmom4

UPDATED WITH PICS!! Could I squeeze a rf MR next to a TB in the 3rd row of a Venture?

Last edited:
ADS

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
HB or backless?

I don't think it does -- think the armrests are too tall -- although on the lower setting it might be a possibility. I'm not completely sure, since the spot where I put a booster next to the MR doesn't fit a Turbo. You can definitely slip a backless Cosco highrise under there, though, if it's a single-time or infrequent need. They're cheap enough. :)

Raegansmom4

It's a HB TB. I'll have to play with it when dh gets home with the TB. My family is taking my van tomorrow, and myself and my 2 girls will have to squeeze in the 3rd row.

YES very nicely, I have a myride rear facing next to a high back turbo booster in my passat right now!:thumbsup: very tightly puzzled in that very small back seat.

Raegansmom4

YES very nicely, I have a myride rear facing next to a high back turbo booster in my passat right now!:thumbsup: very tightly puzzled in that very small back seat.

Cool - thanks! This will be a good chance to extend my ODD's booster training. She's been doing well with 15-20 min rides and this will be 35-40 min with me sitting back there with her.

andre149

I was trying to do a 3 across in my G6 and could not for the life of me get the MR and TB to play well together. May have just been my car...but they seemed to hit at the same spots and the MR was just a little bit too wide to puzzle well.

Raegansmom4

It worked!! Here it is - 3rd row of 04 Chevy Venture. Even have room to squeeze my size 18 @ss next to the MR and just buckle the seatbelt. Armrest just fits under the cupholder of the MR and gives a "pocket" to buckle the TB.

Reactions: nmb
It worked!! Here it is - 3rd row of 04 Chevy Venture. Even have room to squeeze my size 18 @ss next to the MR and just buckle the seatbelt. Armrest just fits under the cupholder of the MR and gives a "pocket" to buckle the TB.

ha you have the exact same Turbo booster we have puzzled (girls rock) and what cover on the my ride? we have streamer right now... if yours is streamer we have twin puzzle car seats lol

montanamama

I can get two turbos with the armrests on the lowest setting on ether side of a MR in the 3rd row of our 2001 ford windstar.

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
I can get two turbos with the armrests on the lowest setting on ether side of a MR in the 3rd row of our 2001 ford windstar.

yes, this. IT is a great 3 across for kids of those sizes. It works the same with a Titan RFing in the middle, although of course that seat has a lower shell and weight limits.

Raegansmom4

ha you have the exact same Turbo booster we have puzzled (girls rock) and what cover on the my ride? we have streamer right now... if yours is streamer we have twin puzzle car seats lol

Almost twins, we'll say fraternal - it's the Bartlett, which I think looks a lot like the Streamer!

bree

Car-Seat.Org Ambassador

Thanks for sharing the pictures. I have a My Ride and a Turbobooster (well, we own one, but we haven't actually used it yet), and it's good to know that they might be able to overlap for us, once I start using the Turbobooster for DD when she outgrows her True Fit. It would be nice to be able to sit in the backseat with her while she's booster training.

Raegansmom4

Got back from our outing today. I am so proud of my oldest and how amazing well she sat in the booster! Granted, I locked the seatbelt on her, but she still sat very still - even with her annoying 2 yo sister bugging the heck out of her. I found out that I would never want them side-by-side on a permanent basis!!! I'm thinking by this time next year when ODD is just shy of 6 she will be ready for a full-time booster.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC