Helpful Hint for the Day

sixmaybemore

If, hypothetically speaking, you found a carseat in such a state that it necessitated hosing it off in order to clean it off, please note that it may take on water inside the shell. Especially if it is a (brand new, in use for less than two weeks) FR85.

Fortunately, the solution to water sloshing around inside the shell is to turn said FR85 on it's side, and the water will drain out. Laying the seat on it's side also is helpful, because you will see that you missed several spots of said mess.

After the seat is on it's side, drying out on the picnic table, you can spend the next forty minutes cleaning out the rest of the mess in the vehicle. Including scrubbing off the seat belt, latch plate, floor, door, floor mat, and the seat next to it.....

Also, please note that if you happen to leave a straw bottle with green smoothie in it in a hot vehicle, that if a child who was sent to retrieve said bottle opens the bottle instead of bringing it in the house as instructed, it WILL explode. Everywhere. In the event that this happens to you, you are allowed to cry.

ADS

MarathonMama

:ROTFLMAO:

At least I got a laugh out of it ... but it's really not funny ;)

That sort of reminds me of the time I shook a large green paint container before opening it (not knowing it was several years old) and it exploded all over myself, the entire classroom, and a few kids (daycare) :eek: It was also rotten so it stunk realllllly bad!

Did your child think it was funny?

sixmaybemore

I sure didn't laugh, and he didn't laugh either.

He doesn't "get" why I was mad though. Um, son, that would be because I said to get the bottles out of the car, not OPEN THEM UP! He just stood there hand flapping and screeching for a while, until I sent him out with the dog lest I feel the need to use my pretty tie dye duct tape to get a little silence!

I also may or may not have called somebody hysterically crying. It was NOT a pleasant way to start out the day.

sixmaybemore

ry%3D400

Pretty, isn't it? It didn't all show up in the pic, but as you can clearly see, it made quite a mess.

sixmaybemore

Oh, I'm pretty sure it did. You have NO idea how happy I was when the garden hose worked (I waited for the water to run cold, figured warm water wouldn't help matters much!). Took a while, but I was sure it was going to stain. So far it doesn't look that way.

The rest of it took untold amounts of baby wipes and clorox clean up wipes to get it all up out of the rest of the truck.

I cried too recently when I brought in my efta to wash the cover, and my nuetered male cat saw fit to pee all over it... I hosed it off too as per evenflos instructions over the phone (two reps told me to after washing the straps per manual instructions.)
That will teach me to change the litter a day late again and bring in car seats on the same day...I WAS NIGHT WEENING PEPPER, IT WAS EXHAUSTING.... geeezzzzz

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC