Did you see a 50 pound Chase?

monstah

I was at my local Target's remodeled car seat aisle and played with the new Chase that claims a 50 pound harness limit on the stores ticket. But the labels on the car seat and box still gave it a 40 pound limit & it was a brand new seat. I was totally fooled until I read the little label on the side.

Maybe the stock still needs to turn over and the website needs to be updated to reflect the change. Are we sure the Chase will be 50 pounds or did Target make a mistake on the label?

P.S. I know the pictures I have look like different covers but I promise they are the same exact cover. Cell phone lighting issue. ;) There were 3 of them (display included) and all were labeled to 40 pounds.

chase1.jpg

chase2.jpg

chase3.jpg

ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
My Target didn't have that tag-- I checked the label and it said 40, I was confused as to why people were saying that it went to 50, lol.

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
Given what else is happening in Target's new carseat aisle, I would be more likely to believe that it's a labeling error, rather than old stock.

monstah

I just got off the phone with Evenflo CS. It is a labeling error by Target. The Chase will not be going to 50 pounds. The Evenflo rep said she will be sure to forward the information to upper management and suggested I call Target. Off to call Target now....

Maedze

I just got off the phone with Evenflo CS. It is a labeling error by Target. The Chase will not be going to 50 pounds. The Evenflo rep said she will be sure to forward the information to upper management and suggested I call Target. Off to call Target now....

Oh, no :(

monstah

I know, sucks huh. :(

I called Target and the customer service agent I got was wonderful. He was typing away like crazy and assured me he knew exactly who to email this information to to get the ball rolling to correct it.
Afterwards, I mentioned the new car seat signage in the store was out of date compared to the seats they carry, etc. etc. and he said the best course of action is to talk to your local store managers. He led me to believe if enough complaints roll in, they may change the signs. But I think we would have to organize for that and I'd rather organize against BRU, KWIM?

Jennifer mom to my 7

Hmm, could evenflo cs just not be up to speed, and the seat is coming soon? I only ask because the sign has the adjuster on the right hand side of the seat while facing it, the seat itself, on the left. Meaning, the picture on the box, and the picture on the signage, are different.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Hmm, could evenflo cs just not be up to speed, and the seat is coming soon? I only ask because the sign has the adjuster on the right hand side of the seat while facing it, the seat itself, on the left. Meaning, the picture on the box, and the picture on the signage, are different.

That could easily be explained by the picture being flipped during printing too, though. Unfortunately. (It's quite a common error in advertising prints. They want the seat on the other side, so it has to face the other way, so rather than take a new pic, they just flip it-- and no one notices that the item wasn't perfectly symmetrical and now it looks different from how it really looks.)

Jennifer mom to my 7

That could easily be explained by the picture being flipped during printing too, though. Unfortunately. (It's quite a common error in advertising prints. They want the seat on the other side, so it has to face the other way, so rather than take a new pic, they just flip it-- and no one notices that the item wasn't perfectly symmetrical and now it looks different from how it really looks.)

True, but look at the evenflo label, that is embroidered into the seat at the top. Unless they also spent the time to try to reverse that label, I am not sure that is the case, kwim? As in, they usually forget the other points in the photo.... I actually considered that, then realized the evenflo label was not reversed.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Ooh, good catch. That would defeat the point of laziness, wouldn't it?

But if Evenflo says it's an error, I'm more inclined to believe that Target just got the number wrong, even if the stock photo has a backwards harness. :shrug-shoulders: Sadly.

monstah

It wouldn't be the first time a CS agent was wrong. She did confirm with a supervisor though. My fingers are still crossed.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC