FP Seats good for 10 years???

Momto2whosews

Senior Community Member
I saw this auction on ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com/LIKE-NEW-NAVY-B...ryZ66695QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I contacted the seller for the exact DOM and casually mentioned that it expires after 8 years. She just responded to me that she contacted FP and they said their seats are good for 10 years from DOM. :confused: I thought it was 8 years for the older FP seats and 6 years for the newer ones. Who is correct?

FWIW, I'm not interested in buying it, just being nosey.

ADS

CandCfam

She also stated this to someone:
A: Hi, we have had this seat for a few years and I couldn't find the title safe voyager on it anywhere. But, I did look them up and it looks exactly like ours. The model # on it is: 79701 if you could search it that way? Sorry, I couldn't give a definate answer by looking at it I would say yes but I can't be 100% positive. Thanks!

While she does say she can't be 100% positive, HELLO - this seat looks NOTHING like the Safe Voyage seats.

Me thinks she's just trying to sell a seat, while knowing things about it that she's not going to divulge.

kelly

I emailed her that it was a Safe Embrace, not Voyage, and that its lifespan is 8 years, so if its 1999, its either expired or very close.

Got a super snippy email asking that HOW could I KNOW what seat it is just by a PICTURE! ha ha. I could name dozens of seats with just a picture! ;)

She said even if I did know, and that even if I am right, it still has nine more months to use it. Great. $60 for nine months. :rolleyes:

Oh well.

CandCfam

I sent her a link to the pictorial of all seats made. You would hope that people would have some morals and not sell things that could be potentially dangerous for a child.:(

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC