Help me figure out what to keep and what to get

glockchick

Right now I have 2 FR85s, 2 MAs, 1 BLVD, 1 PW, 1 TB, 1 Olli, and 1 Scenera.

I think that's it.

I need a minimum of 6 seats. 4 for my car and 2 for dh's.

For those that have been following my saga, you know what's where, but just in case, I'll recap. ;)

6 year old is in PW behind the driver
2 year old is rfing center of 2nd row in MA
9 year old is in Olli in the sliding seat

11 and 12 year olds on either side in the 3rd row
4 year old either ffing in the middle in BLVD or I can get her a 40 lb seat and RF her

In Daddy's car -
2 year old rfing in MA passenger side
4 year old ffing in BLVD center

The girls love the FR's but they're so wide that they crowd the other kids. I could put one in Dh's car for Kaleigh, but then he could only carry the 2 harnessed kids in his backseat. I could let Abi use a FR next to CJs MA, but that makes it hard to slide the seat. I'm thinking those should go even though I want to keep them. :(

GN's are better size wise, but we get horrid head slump with them and they're still not small enough for that center 3rd row. I love everything about that seat other than the head slump. :(

The olli fits next to the scenera and I could buckle it for Gabe, but he couldn't do it himself. Wrong angle.

I think the CA is my best bet for Kaleigh. She can rf in it now and then the straps are nice and high for ffing. Anyone know when the 65's are expected?

Dh does not want me to buy another 40 lb seat to rf a 38 lb kid though I could get a new Scenera for her and swap the covers... :whistle:

So let's play "how creative can we get with Shanna's set up" yet again if you don't mind. :cool:

ADS

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
I still don't see how you can rf anyone in the 3rd row center and still have a kid get to the inside seat. They would have to climb over the rf seat each time, and that would get old (and dirty) really fast.

I don't have time to play seats this morning. I'll think on it and see if anything else comes to mind. Good luck.

glockchick

With the Scenera in the 3rd row rfing, I can face the back of the truck, kinda bend over the top, and slide through to the other seat. I figure if I can do it, the kids can.

But you're probably right. I'm sure it won't last. It works when I'm just hauling the little 2 though. I may flip flop the seat on the weekends or something. :whistle:

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
LOL, I forget not everybody is as tall as me. I'm 5'11"...there would be no bending over the seat and getting in the 3rd row! My ds wouldn't be able to do it either. And he's only 13. Granted, he's huge. LOL

glockchick

Lol. Yeah, I'm 5' 5". I should have my oldest take a pic. All you'd see is my butt in the air. It's pretty funny looking but it works for now.

Is the scenera supposed to bounce a bit when I hit bumps? Ds rode in it today and I noticed that. I guess I'm used to the Britax being tethered and it doesn't move at all.

I'm thinking I'm just gonna say screw it and get the girl's GNs again and deal with the head slump etc because I can move things around more with those. Plus the boys can deal. If my 18 year old cousin could sit next to one all the way to Galveston, the boys should be able to too. ;)

Unless y'all know of another hwh seat with tall slots. I'll check out the Maestro, but the straps being set so close together worry me. My kids would grip about that.

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
No one has complained about the Maestro here yet. And I've had 2yr olds - 7yr olds in it, all harnessed. It's definitely narrower then the FR. It's still wide though...just not AS wide. And maybe not in the same places, kwim? But if your belts are forward of the bight in the 2nd row, it likely won't work there. That's why it doesn't work in my 3rd row...my belts are forward there. But not in the 2nd. Weird how Chevy can't make up it's mind. Don't they know they should come from the bight??? SHEESH.

I don't envy you at all. While I have six kids too, thankfully 2 of mine live on their own and I don't have to transport everybody! It gets crazy when I have to fill all 6 of my seats and I don't like it one bit!! I can't imagine doing it on a daily basis!

MoreLatte

I forget, would your 4yr old have room in the MA? My 4yr old still fits in hers and I can get a good install in the center third row.

Or what about getting a MA70 for her instead of the GN? That would be my vote:thumbsup:

glockchick

She has a bit of room left in the MA. A new MA would work I guess. I need to weigh her again and see if the rfing would be worth it.

lmbarney

sorry, i'm not help really.
just wanted to add... if you want to SELL a seat.... ha ha i'm looking for a FR85!!

:) but good luck with your question. that's a lot of seats.

glockchick

Any thoughts? :whistle:

Abigail really wants to keep the FR85. She says is much more comfy than the GN. I can do that, but then I'll feel bad if Kaleigh can't have the same level of comfort. :rolleyes: Also, there's that no tether thing I have to deal with.

I know it's not the same, but do you think that installing with the LBP adds some level of protection?

If not, the GN would be better because of the lower head excursion numbers... Speaking of, does anyone have the actual numbers?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC