How to tell someone their child is unsafe in their seat?

marciemp

I have a friend (not someone I am super close with, we see each other occasionally, but she is very laid back and nice) who has a little girl in a backless booster with no head rest on the seat. The little girl will be 7 in September and is average in size. I noticed this while following them the other day but did not know how to bring it up without sounding nosy or rude. The van is a Honda and I am not sure if they took the head rest off or if it does not have it, I think it is a new Honda (within the last 5 years anyhow), and she is in the 3rd row, drivers side.

I was thinking I should send her a message on FB because I would hate for her little girl to get hurt because of this, how should I word it? I was thinking of saying I just read this or just found out or something.
Thanks

ADS

Jocey'sMommy

Thats the way I usually do it . . . Hey so and so, I just found out this, I thought you might like the info cause I know that you are like me and want your child to be as safe as possible. Then its up to them if they take the advise or not but atleast you said something.

As far as the Honda, my 2002 Odyssey has removable headrests in the third row. I would think the younger models would too. She might have taken them off for a reason and just never put them back on

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC