Any chance...

Aurezalia

That SKJP will consider redesigning their RF'ing boot? That stupid thing is the bane of my existence. Car shopping would be so much easier if I didn't have to worry about compatibility and the ability to get an upright install.

That said, I need to give SK a call today. Noticed again today that my boot keeps loosening when installed. A screw is loosening on the boot (Had to tighten it when I pulled it out a month or 2 ago, but hadn't noticed it before then), and when I pulled the carseat out of my car today the boot actually fell off. :eek: We'll see what all is wrong, hopefully the boot just needs replacing, not the whole seat!

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Unlikely, as they've heard it for years that it's not a great design. But definitely tell them when you call. The more people to complain, the more likely they are to do something with it.

I hope they fix your boot for you!

Wendy

Aurezalia

Just emailed CS and I'll call later if I don't get a prompt reply. Has anyone else experienced this with the boot?

jjordan

I seem to remember reading something like that recently on here... I'll see if I can find the thread.

ETA: Does this help?

Aurezalia

I seem to remember reading something like that recently on here... I'll see if I can find the thread.

ETA: Does this help?

Yup, that seems pretty similar to what was happening to me. Glad to hear it's not a safety issue, I was worried about it! They're sending me a new base anyway. :thumbsup:

wvmommy007

Yup, that seems pretty similar to what was happening to me. Glad to hear it's not a safety issue, I was worried about it! They're sending me a new base anyway. :thumbsup:

Did you have to call them or did just the email work? I emailed them last week about my buckle appearing to try to separate when buckling and haven't gotten an answer. I hoped an email would be sufficient, but apparently not. Anyway, whining over... :D

Aurezalia

Did you have to call them or did just the email work? I emailed them last week about my buckle appearing to try to separate when buckling and haven't gotten an answer. I hoped an email would be sufficient, but apparently not. Anyway, whining over... :D

Email worked for me, but I've heard differing reports from others on whether they heard back through email. I guess it's a little sketchy.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC