New Invisible 5pt Harness on Craigslist!

MySillyKids

Graco Snugride Infant Car Seat w/Base (blue) - $25

Excellent condition!

5-Point harness

Never been in an accident.

Call Shawna

65K5YoqTezsLhz3Vc4nNBoDycIeV.jpg

nVFthEE5Cf8a8dTqwBLUqB9ODB6V.jpg

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/bab/293513807.html

My Email to her:

Whats the date on the seat?

it doesnt look like a 5pt harness however.

Her responce:

I'll have to get back with you on the date tomorrow.

Maybe you're not familiar with the 5pt harness, because it does have it.

Wow. I cant wait to OWN that seat! :rolleyes:

ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Oh, that is COOL! The new generation of force field 5 pt harnesses...I heard about these at Lifesavers a couple years ago, and it's neat to FINALLY see one on the market. Wow....

:rolleyes: :D :cool:

Starlight

Senior Community Member
Not necessarily. Differerent manufacturers do different things.

i just emailed her: "Do you have the harness? In your pictures, all I can see is the piece between the legs, but aren't there supposed to be straps over the shoulders?"

scatterbunny

In the top pic, it looks like there are slits in the cover for the hip straps, and it looks like the shoulder straps are pulled over the top of the seat, under the canopy. I think she put the five point harness back together wrong so it looks like a three point.

AdventureMom

Senior Community Member
In the top pic, it looks like there are slits in the cover for the hip straps, and it looks like the shoulder straps are pulled over the top of the seat, under the canopy. I think she put the five point harness back together wrong so it looks like a three point.

I was thinking that, too...

ETA: I did a Google search to look for others to compare it to and then I found this awful one: http://cgi.ebay.com/Graco-SnugRide-...ryZ66696QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Look at those straps!

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
Since the harness appears to have been removed and put back in (possibly wrongly, too) then it begs the question of whether they removed for cleaning (most likely, why else remove them, lol) and if so, were they soaked/machine washed. Of course new straps might be ordered to replace missing/improperly washed ones, but will the purchaser be aware of the need to do so, etc.

southpawboston

i think what you might be seeing going up the back of the seat is the cushioned rim of the head support insert. our snugride had the same exact pattern, and the rim of the head support was dark blue, same color as the harness straps. notice the hem going around the bottom of the head insert is also dark blue.

MySillyKids

i think what you might be seeing going up the back of the seat is the cushioned rim of the head support insert. our snugride had the same exact pattern, and the rim of the head support was dark blue, same color as the harness straps. notice the hem going around the bottom of the head insert is also dark blue.

Thats exactly what i thought too. I thought that the blue harness wasnt the head support, then remembered that there are no straps coming out of the harness. Interesting.

Loves2sing

That pink carseat looks so gross. I know you can only wipe off the straps, but come on, at least throw the cover in wash for before you try to sell that. Does the seat come with a free tetnus shot too? Why are people so crazy to buy used car seats off of a website? I only know one person I would buy a car seat, and that is only because she is as big of a freak about car seats as I am, actually, she is probably worse than me!:rolleyes: At least our kids are safe!

Jewels

Senior Community Member
It does look like a 5pt with the upfront adjust (with the harness straps just missing) to me because of the flap on the cover that would cover the adjuster :rolleyes:. My Graco snugride with the upfront looks like that, I just have my harness' in my seat :rolleyes:
eb078b6e.jpg

super_grape

I thought the 3 pt. harnesses had a rigid buckle without webbing attatched???

Yup, from what I've seen, Evenflo is the only one that currently (or within the last few years) offers a 3 pt. with the buckle on a strap in the US/Canada.
Graco, Century, Cosco, etc. all have the buckles attatched to the seat.

southpawboston

Yup, from what I've seen, Evenflo is the only one that currently (or within the last few years) offers a 3 pt. with the buckle on a strap in the US/Canada.
Graco, Century, Cosco, etc. all have the buckles attatched to the seat.

maybe now, but graco did have one as recent as a few years ago.

mommy2jana

The lady on craigslist said that she washed the cover so the 5 pt harness straps are underneath the cover in that pic. I emailed her back to ask her if she washed the harness - I'll let you know if she replies.

MySillyKids

The lady on craigslist said that she washed the cover so the 5 pt harness straps are underneath the cover in that pic. I emailed her back to ask her if she washed the harness - I'll let you know if she replies.

Why would you not re-thread for the pic? Eh.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC