To buy, or not?

Pixels

Around a year from now, I'm going to want at least one more convertible (for 2/11 baby). I have four convertibles now, two vehicles, and will have two kids, but three of the four will be too upright for baby.

Do I buy the $16 Avenue now, losing at least a year of life, or wait and get something when it's closer to time?

Current seats:
Radian 65 and XT, both 40 pounds RF
TrueFit
ComfortSport

ADS

Maedze

It's an 8 year seat, and I doubt you'd be using it for your n00b at 8, or 7, or probably even six, so the year's lost time is no big deal.

OTOH, if owning the perfectly good, inexpensive seat will cost you mental anguish a year and a half from now when you can't justify purchasing whatever fantabulous thing is on the market, you might want to skip it :p

flutie128

If I could buy an Avenue for $16 I would do that but I guess it would depend on how much life is left now to begin with.

jjordan

$16? :eek: I'd buy it! If I wanted something else later I'd give the avenue to someone who needs it, or keep it as a travel seat, or... something. :)

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
I'd get it. I'm sure I could find some use for it between now and baby-time, and at $16 what's to lose :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC