Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

My on side air is not here but it says it is

my on side air says it arrived, but it didn't It is now a missing package, cross your fingers that they find it so I can review it guys

Says left at front door.. there is nothing at my front door...... I walked around the neighborhood with the kids and there is nothing at the neighbors front doors but honestly I do not trust them anyways (I have some sketchy neighbors) UPS says they are looking into it, sears filled a missing item claim and it I have to wait to hear from ups with in 3-5 business days.
    I just wanted this stinking seat to arrive.. what is this a mystery seat, no one has seen it and it should be here but hey its not.
    Last edited by Babywearing Meghan; 08-02-2010 at 02:27 PM.
    Julianna 8/15/02,Adult seat belt Fiona 12/1/05 Harmony backless booster Nolan 8/3/08 ffing in a maestro, and booster training in a vivo seat re-arranging at the moment

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: My on side air is not here but it says it is

well I called ups again and the driver has gone home for the evening even though he was asked ot come back here twice.. so I guess it got stolen out of my vestibule or something, or delivered to the wrong place.. crap.
    Julianna 8/15/02,Adult seat belt Fiona 12/1/05 Harmony backless booster Nolan 8/3/08 ffing in a maestro, and booster training in a vivo seat re-arranging at the moment

Oh no! I hope they find it soon. Hopefully the driver just marked it as delivered so he could go home and he'll bring it first thing in the morning.
    Shanna - Paramedic & Mom
    Trenton (19), Michael (17), Gabriel (15), Miss Abigail (12), Kaleigh (10), and Caleb (8) - Evenflo booster

They just don't make em like they used to.

Quote Originally Posted by ShannaLeah View Post
    Oh no! I hope they find it soon. Hopefully the driver just marked it as delivered so he could go home and he'll bring it first thing in the morning.
    I doubt it it is said to have been deliverd at 1:46 in the afternoon, but when I looked outside at 2:30 it was not there.

I called and they had a woman call back who said she would send the driver back over.
    Well hrs later I called again to check up since I had ot leave and then got a call back and the woman checked and said he went home for the night, though he had been called twice.. saying it was urgent that he come back here.
    She was going to call his personal phone eventhough I told her not to nag him. but she said It was not a nag cause I was a customer and desearved to get my package.
    She said she could have him retrace his steps in the AM.

the next door neighbor says she saw ups pull up an hr ago but then he left.
    so I guess it is lost I am really bummed.

I take it you do not have to sign for the package huh?

I sure hope that it is found tomorrow.
    Shalan - CRST - I
    DS#1 10yr, 54in & 62lbs. Affix.
    DS#2 7yr, 44in & 41lbs. Diono Cambria.
    DS#3 5yr, 42in & 38lbs. FF in Radian Premier and Complete Air.

Riding in a 2015 Caravan and a 2013 Corolla.

Awe, I hope it is found soon!

On a side not, I saw the OSA and the boost air at my local Kmart yesterday. they were still boxed and I had somewhere else to be, but I was VERY tempted!
    10yo in a Connext
    1yo in a Coccoro
    Babe in a Comfy Carry

Quote Originally Posted by smackeen View Post
    I take it you do not have to sign for the package huh?

I sure hope that it is found tomorrow.
    nope guess not lol.

I went around asking neighbors a few minutes ago, and even the ones that were surely home ignored the doorbell.. I have some weird neighbors.

I guess sears will file a claim or what ever and somehow I will be compensated.
    I have thought it over and there is NO WAY it was stolen from my property, all my neighbors were out and about today, doing yard work, mowing lawns (lol someones kid mowed our sidewalk for me guess I should keep up with that better lol)
    brushing dogs, you name it, people were out all day, the next door neighbors are friendly with us and the kids play together and they were sitting out front most the afternoon, they wouldhave yelled over or something if they saw someone take something out of my vestibule. I mean how would someone walk up, take a big car seat box, and run down the road with out someone seeing them?

I was just kind of excited to be the first mama to get to reveiw this seat, and I really wanted to test it out I just feel violated if it was stolen, and pissed if the ups guy was just feeling lazy and like he didn't care to carry the box (I mean I wonder if it is like super heavy or something but if he has carried radian boxes up to my house before, how bad can it be? it was only marked 11 lbs

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus Jeanum's Avatar

Oh no, sorry to hear about your missing package. This is probably a long shot, but is there another street near yours with identical numbering such that there's a house with the same house number as yours nearby? If so, that might be where your package was mistakenly delivered and worth double checking. We sometimes receive packages intended for a house with the same house number as ours that's on another street a block away, and vice versa. Our mail sometimes gets mixed up the same way. And once in a great while, a delivery person will leave a package on our backyard deck instead of by the front door, or in the garage if the garage door happened to be open when the package arrived. Just tossing out a few ideas of possible hiding places for your package if the delivery person was confused about the street or actually left it somewhere other than your front door and got more "creative" when dropping off the package. I hope your package turns up or a replacement shipment gets to you ASAP.
    Regards,
    Jean

DD1 Age 16, 66" Driver's Ed
    DD2 Age 12, 64" 5 steps

Click here if you wish to view the full size version of my avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanum View Post
    Oh no, sorry to hear about your missing package. This is probably a long shot, but is there another street near yours with identical numbering such that there's a house with the same house number as yours nearby? If so, that might be where your package was mistakenly delivered and worth double checking. We sometimes receive packages intended for a house with the same house number as ours that's on another street a block away, and vice versa. Our mail sometimes gets mixed up the same way. And once in a great while, a delivery person will leave a package on our backyard deck instead of by the front door, or in the garage if the garage door happened to be open when the package arrived. Just tossing out a few ideas of possible hiding places for your package if the delivery person was confused about the street or actually left it somewhere other than your front door and got more "creative" when dropping off the package. I hope your package turns up or a replacement shipment gets to you ASAP.
    I actually went out back to check the deck eventhough we had the back gate locked.. like maybe the guy was a good climber lol checked the side yard that needs clearning from weeds, nope.. I am out of ideas and so bummed. I wonder if it will just show up tomorrow. the woman told me, that they are going to make him comeout tomorrow and retrace his steps.. I guess I should hear fromsomeone at ups in 3 - 5 days according to Sears.
    I just hope mine gets to me tomorrow or the new one comes fast.

I'm sorry. I hope the seat shows up soon.
    April Senior checker / Special needs trained
    DD1 10.5yrs Harmony cruz
    DD2 6.5yrs PKWY SG
    DD3 5yrs FF GN

As of this morning I am becoming a very irrate customer!!!!!! UPS will not do anything till sears puts a track on the package, and sears says they have put a track on the package, every time I call they tell me to look around and ask if I missed it.. "geee ya think I would miss a car seat?" then they tell me "well it was delivered at 1:46 pm on Aug 2nd to my address.. to which I answer "yes that is what it says.. but it never arrived here."

"we are sorry about that, you need to contact the shipper and have them put a track on it and then we can investigate" SO I call sears who says they have a track in the system.. ok fine so I call back ups who says no they don't as of yet.. SO I say "CAN you just send someone on the truck to see if it just accidentally got scanned and then we can solve this the easy way." they say no they can not do anything unless they have a track, as of right now according to their system I have my package GRRRRRR.

Now that's just stupid.

Can you call and ask to speak to a supervisor?
    Shanna - Paramedic & Mom
    Trenton (19), Michael (17), Gabriel (15), Miss Abigail (12), Kaleigh (10), and Caleb (8) - Evenflo booster

They just don't make em like they used to.

UPS will be a PAIN in the butt.. You need to get the number to your local facility and badger them 24/7 about it. Calling the 800 number will get you nowhere (as you now know) I hope you get your package soon.

circles....... ups says sears has to call... sears says they have it in the system and do not have to call they all say I can place another order for the same thing with another method of payment... well gee so you want me to order again? through you guys and have it shipped through the same company.. sorry i don't have another 90 bucks just laying around for another one

So I have to wait up to 8 days to find out if they can recover my package or if they will refund me.. nice.. if they refund me I will go to the store with my money. geezzz

If I where you I would go down to the local UPS and talk to them there the 1800 number will get you nowhere. I live so far out that UPS can never find my house and have had packages delivered to other houses miles away from mine (one was a Monteray from Diapers.com) even if they say they are closed for pick ups just go in one of the side doors there are always people in there 24/7. I hope you can find it!

I am going to go over to the local facility as soon as I have my car back (hopefully tomorrow) and hound them over there, make them search the place for me.

I'd be ticked off that the driver, who they paged repeatedly, never showed back up. That right there would be enough to ask for the supervisor's supervisor.
    10yo in a Connext
    1yo in a Coccoro
    Babe in a Comfy Carry

my husband actually hurt his knee today and is getting an mri right now, when he gets home (I doubt he is going back to work) I am taking his car and going over to ups.

CPS Fanatic

Recently when expecting a package that did not arrive, I checked the tracking to see that it had supposedly been delivered. I looked outside again, not there. I looked next door, not there. A while later they came back and dropped off the package. It was like they forgot to leave it. After that experience, I would go to the local office and ask them to physically check the truck again and make sure it isn't still on it. Good luck! This sounds awful to be dealing with! I hope it works out.

forget it.... I went there and it was like I went there just to get the same old speal.. they went back called a few people then gave me the 1800 number and said unless there is a track on it, they cant do anything.. well sears says they filed it missing and that they don't have to do anything else, I told them a few times to call in the track and they said they did what they have to do and I just have to wait... so why does ups say they didn't? I am taking the day off form searching for this.. I am sick of the run around and it is Nolans birthday.. I am going to focus on that for now.