I got the Scenera rfing in the 3rd row of my Suburban

glockchick

And the Olli fits next to it!!!!

As much as I don't like that seat because of the lack of EPS foam and padding, it fits. I can put CJ back there in that or get a 40 lb one for KGP if she fits. I'll try her when I get home this evening. The shells are the same size on the 40 lb and 35 lbs ones right?

It would be a very, temporary fix, but a fix. I still want the RN to work. ;)

I'll post pics when I get home unless someone wants me to text it to ya and post if for me. :)

ADS

Chely7425

Thats great! I am also not a huge scenera fan but it is the only thing that makes my 3 across work right now too!

ctbcleveland

And the Olli fits next to it!!!!

As much as I don't like that seat because of the lack of EPS foam and padding, it fits. I can put CJ back there in that or get a 40 lb one for KGP if she fits. I'll try her when I get home this evening. The shells are the same size on the 40 lb and 35 lbs ones right?

It would be a very, temporary fix, but a fix. I still want the RN to work. ;)

I'll post pics when I get home unless someone wants me to text it to ya and post if for me. :)

Yeah! I wonder if an avenue would fit too? That would give you a little more padding and foam if that ends up being the only seat that works. Plus - I think there is one in the swap right now!

glockchick

Better yet.... I wonder if a CA would work. I'd have to find one with fabric like the Target ones though....

Chely7425

Better yet.... I wonder if a CA would work. I'd have to find one with fabric like the Target ones though....

I bet a CA has a good chance of working!!! We have SR35/CA RF/Scenera RF right now and I can put a 2nd CA in place of the Scenera pretty easily!! I just don't like the CA that much either :D

glockchick

Yeah, I had one temporarily and sent it back. But it's better than a Scenera with no EPS.

I'm learning that sometimes I have to use the stuff I don't like the best simply because it works the best... ;)

ericarizo

What about the Onside Air?? I saw some at Kmart and Sears yesterday and they look like a Scenera with little foam pads on the inside, under the cover. It was narrow as well.

glockchick

That's an option. We don't have a kmart. I wonder if our sears will have one? May have to go check that out. :)

Aurezalia

Just waiting for the burb to get home and I can test the Radian third row! :) Where do you have the Scenera RF'ing? I was going to try RF'ing the Radian driver outboard so that other kids could get in that row, but I also remembered that you need a seat in the middle. So if you have Caleb RF'ing outboard in the Radian, who would you put middle?

Aurezalia

Ok, final hypothesis: I agree with you. It does not work.
FFing in center: Twisting the belt stalk at all puts it *just* inside the path. Leaving it untwisted unfortunately does not put it entirely in the belt path. I tried engaging the recline and pulling the seat forward a bit in an effort to avoid belt path problems, and it *almost* worked, but not quite.
As far as RF'ing: HA! This is not going to happen AT ALL. I couldn't even get it to tighten down properly, let alone worrying about the belt path stuff. The boot kept slipping into the seat bight, which would loosen it way too much, and over-reclined it.

FF'ing install pictures: (Didn't even bother with RF pictures)

DSCN0109.jpg

Untwisted buckle stalk:
DSCN0112.jpg

Twisted buckle stalk:
DSCN0111.jpg

Trying to give you a good view of how I engaged the recline and pulled the seat forward a bit:
DSCN0113.jpg

It looks like the Radian is an absolute no-go. :( While I was struggling with the seat, I hit an epiphany though. Kaleigh still fits in the Britax seat, right? You're just worried because it's only a temp fix as she's about to outgrow it. Wouldn't getting one of the new Britax seats solve that, at least for awhile?

glockchick

Ok here are the pics as promised.

Gabe can still buckle. I'll probably put it on the other side just so it doesn't have to be climbed over.

IMG_0081.jpg

Is she too tall for this? It looks like it from behind, but from the front/side....

IMG_0084.jpg

IMG_0085.jpg

Right now I have CJ rf-ing in the middle center and KGP can ff in the middle 3rd row in the BLVD for now. I'd like Abi to stay harnessed in the FR, but it pushes CJs seat over just a tad to far. I can slide the seat, but not fold it down without having to shove the MA at the same time.

I may give her the option of PW or Nauti. It fit fine when she was in the Nauti. Also, I should be able to install a GN in the center and move CJ outboard.

glockchick

It looks like the Radian is an absolute no-go. :( While I was struggling with the seat, I hit an epiphany though. Kaleigh still fits in the Britax seat, right? You're just worried because it's only a temp fix as she's about to outgrow it. Wouldn't getting one of the new Britax seats solve that, at least for awhile?

Thanks so much for taking the time to do that.

Kaleigh still fits ff-ing the Britax. She's over the weight limit for RFing. If the strap heights are higher on the new Britax seats, it would make them last longer for her.

Aurezalia

It does look to me like KG still has growing room in the Scenera for RF'ing, and definitely more time for FF'ing. Measure from the side, not the back. :) We'll keep our fingers crossed that the new Britax seats are a little taller in both shell and harness height, which would at least get you to the age where Gabe is out of a booster, freeing up a few more options for you.
It was no problem, any excuse for me to play with carseats! LOL.

glockchick

She's too heavy for that Scenera (35 lb limit). Do you think it'd be worth it to get the 40 lb one to rf her? She wants to. FF-ing her shoulders are right at the strap height and she weighs 38 lbs so it probably wouldn't be the most efficient use of funds. ;)

Aurezalia

She's too heavy for that Scenera (35 lb limit). Do you think it'd be worth it to get the 40 lb one to rf her? She wants to. FF-ing her shoulders are right at the strap height and she weighs 38 lbs so it probably wouldn't be the most efficient use of funds. ;)

Heck, the seat is what, $60? For that price I'd definitely recommend getting the 40lb one. It looks to me, just eyeballing it, that she maybe has an inch above her head to grow? It's hard to see without something to measure in the picture. That way you won't need to worry about her growing over the harness slot, either.

skitle1802

I fit a Titan Elite RF in the 3rd row center, with a Vivo and Monterey on either side. First RF seat I've been able to squeeze back there with boosters.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC