Honda Fit Configuring Help, Please

Jonah Baby

2010 Honda Fit.
I HATE this thing.

After witnessing my Stepmother place J in one of the Wizard's with the head wings on his neck and installed half sideways on her vehicle seat, I've realized it is way past time that I stop leaving them in charge of carseats.
This means that when they pick him up, whatever spare seat I have goes in her car, or when I drop him off, whatever seat I have in my car goes in her car.
It sucks...but at least I know it is in safely and correctly every time when I do it.

I have successfully installed the Wizard and the SR32 in this car.
I COULD NOT get a CA, FR85, or NA to install anywhere near safely.
This car has weird plastic "joints" where the seat can fold down on to make a really big cargo transport area. Am I making sense?
When these seats went to get installed, the shell/base was hitting this joint just right where I'd get them tight, go to check it at the belt path, and it would "slip off" the joint. Clear as mud?

Anyone do a Radian or a MyRide in this thing?
I considered the RSTV, but just don't trust that they would put it on him and buckle him in correctly...ever.
I considered getting some type of seat specifically "fit" for their car, but they don't treat seats nicely and so I wouldn't want a new seat "destroyed" by someone other than myself. I also still wouldn't leave it there with them like I had been in the past.

For future reference, what seats DO work in this thing?

ADS

Pixels

In brother's 2008 (previous generation), I've put the Radian FF in any position (I'm pretty sure, I know I did center) and RF center. There was some twisting of the buckles involved; I might have notes about it in the Radian successful install thread or even the three across thread (2008 Honda Fit, BabyTrend, FF Radian, BabyTrend).

I know DD's TrueFit has been put in a few times, RF of course. Off the top of my head, I think it's been center and passenger, but I can't guarantee it. Oh and playing for you one day, TF passenger's side FF seatbelt. I don't remember about twisting, but there probably was some.

ctbcleveland

I tried to google an interior picture of the car and I am not seeing the weird plastic things.

I am wondering if you'd have more luck installing your SR32 without the base? That would leave somewhat of an open cavity below the seat if that is where it is hitting.

brightredmtn

I have a CRV that has the plastic hinges. I can get a Radian RF in all positions. To get around the hinge issue I just pretend they're not there. I put the boot of the Radian in front of them and the seat goes in rock solid. It's not in the bight like it normally would be but it's in there just fine.

Jonah Baby

I tried to google an interior picture of the car and I am not seeing the weird plastic things.

I am wondering if you'd have more luck installing your SR32 without the base? That would leave somewhat of an open cavity below the seat if that is where it is hitting.

I WAS able to get the SR32 in there, with base.
To imagine, the SR32's base fits perfectly between these plastic things.
I no longer have one anyway...:(

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
A RF True Fit works beautifully; like it was made for the Fit (installed passenger outboard). I am unclear which child you're inquiring about though so don't know if a RF TF will work for your situation.

Jonah Baby

For J.
(I thought I said that?)

It is rare that A goes anywhere without me or in someone else's car, as he cannot be away from me for very long.

Knowing that the TF works is useful, however, should I ever need to put A in her car.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC