HELP!! His legs are still falling asleep!!

purplemama

Awhile back I posted about my DS2's legs falling asleep in his car seat. The only response I got was to try to teach him to position his legs differently. Well, that hasn't worked. Not every trip but pretty often one or both of his legs fall asleep. This can happen in as little as a 5 mile trip. I'm assuming his legs are falling asleep because I get him out and put him down and he starts screaming and crying about how his feet and legs hurt. After 5-10 minutes he's fine. But it's getting really old having to carry him into where we're going and then spend the 5-10 minutes comforting him. When the baby comes that will be a lot harder to do and I have to leave really early for everything as it is so I have time to calm him down. And it's not fair to him to have to be in pain like that so often.
So WTH do I do? Get another seat? He rides in a XTSL so he has about as much leg room as anything else. I'm half tempted to FF him but he won't be 3 until late Nov. and he's a tiny little thing, 25# and on the 3rd slots in the XTSL. I'm getting to the really frustrated point and I don't want to keep having to put him through that, he's starting to not want to get in his seat and I'm tired of dealing with it, I've got enough going on right now, I really don't need this.
PLEASE HELP ME!!!!

ADS

petriescz

Does he still fit RF in the MA? Does it happen in the MA as well or just the RN? Maybe a different seat would force him to reposition himself.

littleangelfire

The new MA70 is supposed to have a little more legroom. And I think the MyRide does, as well. Your best bet is to try a few to see. One thing worth mentioning, though, is that forward facing him isn't going to solve the problem, in fact, it's likely to make it worse, b/c his legs will just be dangling with no support.

my2kidsSafe

MY ds has this happen he is ff in the MA and it happens. His happens in the stroller too. I think it just has to do with his circulation.

icnee

The new MA70 is supposed to have a little more legroom. And I think the MyRide does, as well. Your best bet is to try a few to see. One thing worth mentioning, though, is that forward facing him isn't going to solve the problem, in fact, it's likely to make it worse, b/c his legs will just be dangling with no support.

I second this.

It sounds like he is leaving his legs in the same position for too long.

my DD2 cried horribaly when she was ffing (legs, back and bottom would hurt) turning her rfing put an end to it except when she falls asleep then she has the pins and needles when she wakes and moves her legs.

purplemama

Does he still fit RF in the MA? Does it happen in the MA as well or just the RN? Maybe a different seat would force him to reposition himself.

Yeah, it happens in the MA too. Different vehicle even. :(

Does he wear shoes in the car seat? How does he position his legs?

Sometimes shoes, sometimes no shoes depends on where we're going. It's happened with no shoes too. As far as his legs I don't really know how to describe it. Kinda bent at the knee with the feet pointed in a little but not crossed.

MY ds has this happen he is ff in the MA and it happens. His happens in the stroller too. I think it just has to do with his circulation.

I'm thinking the same thing. I'm starting to think there's nothing I can do.

It sounds like he is leaving his legs in the same position for too long.

my DD2 cried horribaly when she was ffing (legs, back and bottom would hurt) turning her rfing put an end to it except when she falls asleep then she has the pins and needles when she wakes and moves her legs.

I would think that it's leaving his legs in the same spot too long but it tends to happen more often on the really quick trips, like a ten minute ride?

Oh and turning him FF is not an option now, I tried it just playing around the other day and the kid FREAKED OUT. I mean uncontrollably wigging out really bad. I really hope by the time I turn him because I have to that will be better. At least he knows how he should be.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC