Where was I when this came out?

MANDY1234

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Sunshine-Kids-Santa-Booster-Silver/dp/B003VAMBWQ??"]Amazon.com: Sunshine Kids Santa Fe Booster Seat, Silver: Baby[/ame]

Sweet latchable!!

For parents who do a lot of carpooling or kids who think they're too cool for a car seat, Sunshine Kids introduces the Santa Fe. This low profile, belt-positioning booster seat is the backless booster portion of the Sunshine Kids Monterey. Like the Monterey, the Santa Fe is equipped with LATCH connectors and features a high weight capacity of 120 lbs.

Did I miss this already? Or is it old old news and I never pay attention lol

Last edited by a moderator:
ADS

pj2rc

I love it .. my kids are too small yet, but good to know. Though I hate to spend $70 for a carpool seat for someone else's kids, I would hope they provide their own booster? I'm not to that stage yet with my kids ...

Pixels

We heard this was coming a long time ago, before we heard about the new Britaxes. I think the first mention was a vinyl covered one intended for institutional use, if you really want to go back and search for it.

This is the first I've heard that it's actually out.

libranbutterfly

The seat looks good, but this paragraph was poorly written:

Benefits for Baby: Your independent toddler will ride comfortably in this backless booster seat. Made with AirTek comfort foam, the cushiony seating area of this booster car seat is roomy to accommodate growing tots up to 120 lbs. The Santa Fe features a contoured seat for lap belt safety, and padded sidewalls and armrests. Let your little one keep their drink close at hand with the attached cup holders. The 'No Spill' cup holders are extra deep to keep drinks from tipping.

I think they should drop all the "baby", "tot", and "little one" talk. :rolleyes:

sharsachan

Max child height 63"

I think i'm amused [and yet, feel slightly pathetic] that I have outgrown this booster by weight, but not height yet... Wow...

and yes, I completely agree that they need to change the wording, since the specs already say 30#, added in "baby" and "toddler" is going to make a lot of parents think their 2 yr 30# toddler is safe in the backless booster with seat belt.

APmama2MAK

I think i'm amused [and yet, feel slightly pathetic] that I have outgrown this booster by weight, but not height yet... Wow...

and yes, I completely agree that they need to change the wording, since the specs already say 30#, added in "baby" and "toddler" is going to make a lot of parents think their 2 yr 30# toddler is safe in the backless booster with seat belt.

Yea that is depressing. Im 56 inches but um..not 120 lbs lol

tjham

I sent eliteseats this:

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Aug 1, 2010 10:33:48 PM
Subject: Santa Fe booster NOT for babies

The following paragraph for the Santa Fe really needs to be redone or left out completely.

Absolutely, no way, should a BABY, TODDLER or TOT be in a backless booster!

Backless boosters are meant for kids 5 or 6 and up.

Benefits for Baby: Your independent toddler will ride comfortably in this backless booster seat. Made with AirTek comfort foam, the cushiony seating area of this booster car seat is roomy to accommodate growing tots up to 120 lbs. The Santa Fe features a contoured seat for lap belt safety, and padded sidewalls and armrests. Let your little one keep their drink close at hand with the attached cup holders. The 'No Spill' cup holders are extra deep to keep drinks from tipping.

And got this response:

Hi ,

Thank you for bringing that to our attention. I will forward that to our marketing department to have the copy updated.
Please let me know if there is anything else I can do for you. Thank you!

Chris
info@EliteCarSeats.com
EliteCarSeats.com
1-800-891-3857

Last edited by a moderator:

bandsmom

That really is a cool little seat. The few times I've ridden in the third row of my van I've thought about using on of my DD's boosters. If I rode back there very often I would seriously consider getting one for myself. I'm only 60 inches and right at the weight limit.

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
It's just a backless Monterey, isn't it?

Anyways, I NEED one of these for my car. Needed one in June, lol, definitely need it before school starts again. I am CONSTANTLY harping on the boys to buckle their boosters, it's driving me crazy...

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC