My little ProSport playdate (pic heavy)...

JerseyGirl'sMama

I have a 2007 Acura MDX.

Here is the Recaro ProSport (RPS) in the center, installed with LATCH- easy peasy!:

ProSport001.jpg

ProSport003.jpg

Here is DD in it. She is currently 3.5 yrs, 31lbs and 40" tall with a 14" torso:

ProSport009.jpg

Now the Radian XTSL (RN XTSL) outboard passenger side with LATCH. Thanks to Melniemi's installation tip (use the front passenger seat to push the RN up as I tighten,) I was able to get it installed at a 30 degree angle. It looks like it is touching the front seat, but it wasn't. Also there was easily 1.5" of space between the two carseats:

ProSport006.jpg

I am 5' 5" tall and here is how much room I had in the front passenger seat with the RN installed like that:

ProSport004.jpg

Now the RPS with seatbelt:

ProSport012.jpg

And the RN outboard DRIVER side this time, with seatbelt.

ProSport014.jpg

ProSport017.jpg

They're both independently secure. And it was at a 30 degree angle as well, however it was bracing on the front seat (that is allowed, isn't it?) on my setting, but DH who is only slightly taller than me, would have to change his setting. With his current setting, it pushed the RN up to a 25 degree angle.

Also, I could only get the RN on this side next to the RPS if the RPS was installed with the seatbelt. In my vehicle the dedicated center lower anchors are offset to the drivers side, so not even the RN would fit next to it.

And here is the Recaro Signo installed outboard with LATCH next to the RPS:

ProSport019.jpg

I couldn't quite get them independently secure, they just didn't play too well together. The RPS pushed the Signo out at an angle, see here:

ProSport020.jpg

See the gap on the right side? When I took the RPS out, the Signo moved about an inch. I was out of time (and steam) but maybe if I worked at it longer I could have made it work.

I really liked the RPS. Pretty sure it will be joining our family soon. :cool:

ADS

TXDani

Senior Community Member
I think I want that seat too! Thanks for all the pictures...they make me miss my MDX.:(

JerseyGirl'sMama

I wanted to add that the RPS was an easy install with the seatbelt too. My center position has the shoulder belt that drops down from the celing and attaches to the lap belt.

And the harness adjuster was a ratcheting style, which took me by surprise. Still buttery smooth like the Signo. :thumbsup:

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
OKay so..looking at that pic from the side, the lap belt guide is the red opening? It is really, REALLY, REALLY far forward. Can you show apic with the seatbelt routed through as a booster please? It seems like the lap belt would be on the legs, way down, almost to the knees practically?

JerseyGirl'sMama

I didn't take any pictures of my DD in the booster mode, but I did try her in it. The lap belt fit was perfect, exactly where it needed to be, but I thought the same thing when I saw the path.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC