Peg Perego Primo Viaggo SIP

mominabigtruck

Just wondering what you guys thought of this seat? I just bought a peg venezia and we're thinking about trying for a spring baby next year and I'm checking out my options. We were at bru yesterday and I looked at it and I really liked it, it seemed easy to adjust and really cushy and comfortable. I like the the fact that you don't rethread the harness and you can use it without a base now. If we did get a double stroller it would probably be a peg also just because I was really impressed with their strollers so I would like to be coordinated. Any thoughts??

ADS

henrietta

*If* they've improved it and fixed the problems my friend and I had with it, go for it. If not, it's not worth it's expensive price tag. Our babies were burning up in it in February and March when it was 30 degrees outside and mine only weighed 10 lbs! My friend's dd was miserable in hers and she loaned it to us to try. Her baby was hot *and* almost too wide to sit in it at only 4 months old (she weighed about 14-15 lbs maybe). It would have been easy to install, but it didn't install well in our vehicles b/c of it's super narrow base (at the part closest to your car's seat back). It was tough to get it in tight. Her's was a 2005 model.

I'd make sure you try it out in your car first, and double check the weight and height limits on it. I think it was supposed to go to 22 lbs and 29", but our kiddos were out of there long before that!

I'd rather have the newest Chicco w/higher weight limits or a Britax Companion for the $$$.

(-:

henrietta

henrietta

There is supposed to be a new Chicco infant seat out (either right now or really soon) that goes to 30 lbs., like the Graco Safe Seat 1.

I'd even take a look at the regular Chicco infant seat--it's really nice.

henrietta

KariC

There are some new customer reviews of this seat at elitecarseats.com....looks like they have improved a few things. I'm looking at this one, the britax companion, and now the chicco keyfit (after reading some posts) for our new one that's due Aug. 1st.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Someone on here has one and likes it... As long as the base is improved, which she says it is, then I'm sure it's, uh, gag, uh, worth the price tag (I'm cheap, what can I say? lol). I think you still have to put the handle down when driving, and I consider life too short for that lame rule, so I'd skip it, personally ;)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC