Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Help me with DD's Back-To-School outfit?

DD is insisting that she would like a PURPLE DRESS for back-to-school. Not a tunic top and leggings, not a top with skirt and leggings underneath it, but a PURPLE DRESS.

I'm not finding much I like.

She loves this simple dress from Land's End, and I think we'd get a lot of use out of it, too.

But there are no coordinating leggings to layer under the dress... so if I went with that dress, what would I do--tights (what color)? Regular socks? What color shoes (although she may insist on wearing her purple Converse One Stars that we got... I'll have to see if they match once we get the dress)?

And if anyone can find anything else in terms of a casual dress that's purple, in a size 6, and short-sleeve, I'd be interested! The only other one I saw was this, but I'm not sure how that style would look on her.
    Anne, driving a '13 Odyssey and an '05 CRV

DD-Julia 9/04 (5 stepping now!)
    DS1-Luca 11/10 (Graco Wayz and Graco HB Turbobooster)
    DS2- Enzo 7/15 (Chicco NextFit and Diono R100)

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: Help me with DD's Back-To-School outfit?

what about a pair of silver or gray leggings to go under that.
    http://www.gap.com/browse/product.do...182&tid=gofr1r

What about black leggings?

All purples go together, so purple converse would rock. Well, maybe that's not true about all purples (but I think so), but anyway purple converse totally go with everything.
    Homeschooling mama to safely transported kids-
    DD1- 11/2001 - 61.5", Seat Belt (5-steps)
    DD2- 11/2004 - 62.5", Seat Belt (5-steps)

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus UlrikeDG's Avatar

It looks to me like the Amethyst Floral Dot leggings coordinate perfectly with the Purple Sky dress.

If in doubt, you can call them and ask. Their customer service is very helpful. Oh, and if you have a paper catalog or two, check in there! They may show "your" dress already matched up with leggings or tights in the pictures.

Otherwise, this dress comes in Amethyst.
    Ulrike, mom to:
    Roman (3/98), Evalina (3/00), Nadia (3/03), and Kira (11/07)

See an inappropriate post? Don't reply to it; report it!
    Thanks for your help in keeping this a safe, SPAM-free zone!

Quote Originally Posted by UlrikeDG View Post
    It looks to me like the Amethyst Floral Dot leggings coordinate perfectly with the Purple Sky dress.

If in doubt, you can call them and ask. Their customer service is very helpful. Oh, and if you have a paper catalog or two, check in there! They may show "your" dress already matched up with leggings or tights in the pictures.

Otherwise, this dress comes in Amethyst.
    I saw those leggings... I think I will try calling to ask. Because on my comp. screen I just couldn't tell. I love the ruffled dress, but DD nixed it--she doesn't like the collar on it. Thanks for that link!
    Anne, driving a '13 Odyssey and an '05 CRV

DD-Julia 9/04 (5 stepping now!)
    DS1-Luca 11/10 (Graco Wayz and Graco HB Turbobooster)
    DS2- Enzo 7/15 (Chicco NextFit and Diono R100)