This (see pic) is not going to work

glockchick

IMG_0066.jpg

Sigh.

Help?

This is who I have to fit preferably comfortably.

32 lb 2 year old
38 lb 3.9 year old
43 lb 6.1 year old
9 year old in Olli
11 and 12 year olds in seat belt

At this point, I'm open to buying whatever I have to. :rolleyes:

ADS

unityco

Ambassador - CPS Technician
That's a Suburban, right? I've had a Radian in my parents'; I would think it's more comfortable to sit beside than a Frontier. :shrug-shoulders:

glockchick

Yes. Can you get it installed tightly in the center 3rd row? When I tried with Laurie, we couldn't get it tight.

Melanie

Just brainstorming here...would a FF Radian work in that spot? Or you could RF the 2 year old in that spot? I find it more comfortable to sit next to a RF seat than a FF one. You get more shoulder room.

eta: cross posted :)

ginny4

what about the 3yo w/BLVD in the center instead. i figure that it sits up & out a bit the boys can puzzle themsleves in there better. tho that might be just as uncomfortable.

glockchick

I can put the BLVD there. I couldn't get the RN rear or ff facing.

The RN would be perfect for this situation. :(

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
I'm not sure her tortso height, but it looks like the frontier is pretty low, so how about just a smaller narrower seat, like a MAestro or new 50 lb chase?

unityco

Ambassador - CPS Technician
Yes. Can you get it installed tightly in the center 3rd row? When I tried with Laurie, we couldn't get it tight.

I never had to try in the third row, sorry. :eek: It looks like your's has a lap-only belt there (as does my parents',) so your only choice is a harnessed seat, right?

featherhead

What about a Complete Air rear or forward facing. I agree that sitting next to a rear-facing seat is much more comfortable, as long as your son is able to get to his seat.

NannyMom

I never had to try in the third row, sorry. :eek: It looks like yours has a lap-only belt there (as does my parents',) so your only choice is a harnessed seat, right?

lap belt only in 2 center positions, and no tether anchors.

What happened with the Nautilus? Were the boys just as squished?

NannyMom

There is a rig to create a centre tether anchor for the third row middle position - I'll try and find zeo2ski's link...

OP posted about it before. SHe said it criss crosses through the truck, and she needs the cargo room.

Splash

Graco Cargo. . Very narrow, high slots, easy enough install. Otherwise, try a baseless AO or a CA. And get the tether. I know it would make your cargo area more difficult but it's not impossible.
*Possibly* a Recaro Signo, they've got their flaws but they are fairly narrow.

NannyMom

I'm not sure her tortso height, but it looks like the frontier is pretty low, so how about just a smaller narrower seat, like a MAestro or new 50 lb chase?

I vote for the Maestro. They have it at Target for $80. The Chase has shorter top slots.

steph_s

Any chance you can swap your 9 and 6yo to the rear and the bigger boys in the center? Since they are narrower in the shoulder area it might work better. Not sure about buckling boosters in the rear though.

My only other thought is to try the maestro or ca, but I doubt either of these will be the "it" solution because like most seats they are wide right through the area your boys need the shoulder room.

glockchick

9 year old and 6 year old are both in boosters and they don't fit next to a car seat in the center.

I hate this stupid juggling act. I understand why people say screw it and put all the kids legal to ride without car seats in just seat belts. :rolleyes:

Splash

Import a Romer Vario. Obscenely safe, perfect with LO belts (made for LO belts), plenty of shoulder room for the kids beside it, doesn't boost so no concern (yet) about headrests. A bit more difficult to get buckled, but not impossible. No need for a TA, either!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC