Graco Car Seat Swing

flipper68

Senior Community Member
Maybe I'm behind the times. I was wandering at the high end baby store today and noticed that Graco has come out with a swing for IO car seats.

It's a small, portable swing (Like the FP aquarium) and was priced at about $60. It's a frame and the CR locks into the frame. I didn't look close enough to see how it locked or if would work for non Graco seats. It was labeled "snug ride" but there was a safe seat in it.

At first I was amused. One more car seat accessory. What will they think of next?

Then I thought, for babies who like swings, not a bad idea. Not too pricey, small/portable. . . Grey metal - focus on function, not on fabric style - not obnoxious or bright.

Then I thought, geesh, one more way babies will spend too much time in car seats. Think of all those little flat heads.

Anyone else want to chime in?

ADS

tl01

I personally don't see a difference btwn seeing an infant who sits in a car seat and then sits in a separate swing. My DS's head became flat on the side b/c of how his neck muscles developed b/c of his position in my uterus. There was no real way to prevent it. I would prefer to have a separate swing b/c I would worry my DS would get tired of being in the seat at home and in the car though.

Synchro246

I personally don't see a difference btwn seeing an infant who sits in a car seat and then sits in a separate swing. My DS's head became flat on the side b/c of how his neck muscles developed b/c of his position in my uterus. There was no real way to prevent it. I would prefer to have a separate swing b/c I would worry my DS would get tired of being in the seat at home and in the car though.

My son had torticolis too. WHen he was about 2 weeks old I figured out that I needed to switch what side of me he slept on so he would have to kinda work to get to me. It worked wonders and within two weeks he had full range of motion and within 6 weeks all evidence of his torticolis was gone.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC