Compass B570, first look.

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
Pictures limited and lousy because it's really hot out today!

I measure the top belt guide right around 20".

It's pretty tall -- taller than the belt guides justify, IMO.

Daughter says it's really comfortable. I like the way it fits her.

Nice alligator LATCH connectors, which I appreciated after wrestling the Monterey out (that thing is a beast!). LATCH does not tighten -- it's pretty loose.

Daughter is 50", 62#, size 8, fairly broad in the shoulders and seat area.

Last edited:
ADS

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
any issues with routing through the belt guides? I was concerned that if the lap belt didn't approah at the right angle, it might be hard to get the belt to route through correctly? And it looks like the lap belt is low and horizontal on her thighs.....nice.

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
any issues with routing through the belt guides? I was concerned that if the lap belt didn't approah at the right angle, it might be hard to get the belt to route through correctly? And it looks like the lap belt is low and horizontal on her thighs.....nice.

Not really -- the armrests flip up ( :) ) so she could see what she was doing as she routed the lap belt. And the shoulder belt guide has three positions.

TerisBoys

MUCH nicer than their prior versions - both belt fit and shoulder guide height.

I-do-not-need-a-new-booster-Vivo-still-works-fine.

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
Three questions:

1) Can you get a photo of how loose the LATCH is? I know it probably doesn't matter (and might even be beneficial), but I think it would bug me to have loose LATCH.

2) It looks like there are sort-of hook-type thingies on the lap belt guides. Do you think it would be hard for a kid to route under them, or is it pretty normal?

3) Say you have a vehicle with no buckle stalks--the buckle sticks out of the seat and rests right up against the booster, making it VERY difficult to buckle. Do you think flip-up arm rests would help in that situation? (Not sure if you can really answer that, but worth a shot.)

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
Will try to get LATCH photo later.

My 8yo, who has typical (not especially good or bad) fine motor skills got the hang of the routing on her second try.

I don't know if the flip-up armrests would make buckling *easier*, but depending on the angle, it might be easier for the child to see what s/he is doing and not be blindly fumbling for the buckle.

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
Sorry, it was rainy today, and I did not want to hang my butt out of the car to take the photo. I'll try tomorrow.

The LATCH does not have any tightening mechanism -- the straps are fixed.

The seat seems fairly deep (measurements tomorrow, if it stops raining). The back is not super-padded, but my daughter, who is not shy about complaining, says it's comfortable.

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
You are aweseom chickabiddy. And I for one, would be completely happy if you wanted to bring the seat into your nice, i assume air condiionted and rain-free houise in order to take detailed pics. *whistle*

But honestly, my only real question is whether or not the lap belt routing guide hooks are placed in such a way as to truly make the belt lay down as low as it needs to be, or if they are up hiugh enough that they might allow too high of a belly fit??

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
I always think pictures in the car are more helpful, since some seats seem to grow or shrink when installed.

I've only had one kid in the seat, and the hooks position the lap belt beautifully. I *expect* that they would do so for any child large enough to use a booster properly -- I could see them making a belly belt on a very small kid who can't sit back far enough (seat seems fairly deep) and slouches under the belt (which is, IMO, a fit problem and not a seat problem). But there's always the kid who should fit and doesn't, kwim?

I'm reluctant to assure anyone "oh, yeah, it'll be terrific" without seeing a lot more kids of different shapes and sizes in the seat. I'm optimistic, but not yet *sure*. I did dress my kid in tank top and leggings to really try to show how the seat fit her body, and her stats are in the first post, for those who want to try to extrapolate to their kids.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
That looks really nice.

Why doesn't the LATCH tighen?

I was told at Lifesavers, though the answer didn't satisfy me, that the LATCH is not to make the child safer, it's to make other occupants safer when the seat is unoccupied (ie, you don't have to buckle it in).
Though from what I've seen in the TC videos, a tight LATCH in a booster isn't actually a good thing, it increases head excursion when the seat and child jacknife forward too much, so it must not be a BAD thing to be loose, but it does seem awfully weird :eek:

hsjwmom

I'm REALLY liking the look of this booster for dd2. I emailed LC about different cover options (girly, lol) and received this reply:
Thank you for your email.

Learning Curve Brands does plan on releasing more fabric options by the end of the year. As for what they are we do not have that information at this time. Please keep an eye on our website; www.learningcurve.com.

DD2 loves her Regent and refuses to give it up, lol. She still fits with room to spare, so I have time to see what they end up releasing. I'm just sooooo ready to buy a new seat. :eek:

Kecia

Admin - CPST Instructor
Based on the recent Cybex recall I wonder if the recommendation will still be to always buckle the booster with seatbelt when it's unoccupied? If that's the case, then the LATCH attachments are relatively pointless, IMO. Does the manual address this issue?

I liked everything about this new booster when I saw it a LS (and I'm also a fan of the B540 as long as it positions the lap belt portion properly on your child) but I don't consider the B570 to be a true "LATCHable booster".

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC