Help me arrange

Calleiah

Im 34 weeks now and thought in the next week or so I'd put the baby seat base in the truck. It's a Chaperone, and fits nicely on the seats (at least 80%). My other constant passengers are: DD1- 11 years old, no booster and DD2- 4 years old, FF Radian.
My vehicle is a Chevy Avalanche (04). I have LATCH on the back passenger and center seat. There is no headrest in the middle. My thoughts were this:
DD2 in the middle (since dd1 cant go there due to head rests) since she's FF and less protected than a RF baby. Put DD1 on one of the outboard seats and baby on the other. Which side would you put baby, the side with LATCH (passenger) but have to have the seat up further, or the seat behind me (driver side) since Im short and the seat is already pretty far forward? Would you put baby in the middle instead so that my girls can talk to and entertain baby? Do I just need to put them in and try them out? Am I missing anything important?

Sorry for the long questions, but I need peer review since pregnancy brain has me fried.

Thanks!

ADS

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
I would put the baby outboard, on whichever side distracts you less. I go passenger. But when I have 3 RFers like I do, I go driver.

Auntie2Avi

Are you going to be installing the Radian with latch or with the belt? If with the belt I would put the Chaperone on the seat that has the belt next to the center belt. That way your DD1 doesn't have to worry about unbuckling the Radian when she is getting in/out of the car. If you are putting the Radian with Latch I would put the Chaperone on whatever side is better for carpool for your DD1 or parking for you. If you park on streets a lot I would put it passenger side because I don't like standing in the street taking the carrier in/out and buckling the kid while standing in the street.

That was long and I hope it made sense, it is bed time over here.

emtb79

I would put it from driver side 11yr old/Radian,Chaperone. My reasoning is that way you dont have to hoist the carrier up so hiugh and then plop it in the middle.

However when the baby is born that set up isnt working put the baby in the middle.

Calleiah

Ok, that was a great point about how Im putting the Radian in and where the belts are. I use the seatbelt with the Radian, I find a get a much better install that way. That would make the buckle towards the driver side so I think Ill put baby there and that way there wont be any accidental unbuckling when DD1 gets into the car. Probably works best for school pickup as well.

Thanks guys, just needed to bounce that off a few other savy folks to make sure Im not missing something.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC