The Headslump Really Scares Me

Jonah Baby

I know, I know, headslump is "ok"...but all I can imagine is J's neck being cracked against the headwings in an accident.

I don't KNOW if he's hit 40# or not. I truly don't believe so, but he's close on either side.
Our scale is not reliable if you threaten it to be.
Normally I head to the mall and get an average weight off of all Target's scales on the floor (hehe.)

I thought I remember something about Britax allowing the seat to be semi-reclined while FF?
What was that about? A dream, maybe?

Would I be a bad Mommy to put A back in the Wizard and give J his MR back?
A certainly fits just fine with that torso, in fact he used the Wizard for a month in a half thanks to MIL's cat.
Should I put J in RF until I get a definite weight? He can't be more than 1/2 a pound over 40 when clothed, if he IS over, and I'm sure the seat won't spontaneously fail at that slim of a margin. I know it fits RF behind me, as he used to sit there in it when I got the car.

What does popular opinion say?

ADS

judesmommy

What about putting A Rf in the Wizard and J FF in the MyRide if he is 40 lbs... Would that work?

Head slump would bother me too....

BookMama

Senior Community Member
I thought I remember something about Britax allowing the seat to be semi-reclined while FF?
What was that about? A dream, maybe?

I believe the Britax convertibles allow FF recline only up to 33 lbs. (May be 35 lbs. for the newer seats.) It should be in your manual.

If you're really worried about the head slump, switch seats so that Jonah has the My Ride and use it FF. I would NOT use the My Ride RF for him unless you can definitely confirm that he's under 40 lbs.

Jonah Baby

Ah, found my manual.

Recline FF must only be used with kiddos under 33 pounds (I'd assume 35 in newer models/seats.)

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
No, it's still 33# for reclining in forward-facing mode even in newer models.

I agree with the others -- if a child is over the limit, don't guess. If you can't be sure that he's under the limit, don't put him in the seat, since you have other ways he can ride.

Jonah Baby

J FF in MR, A in Wizard.

I'm thinking so.

Does the infant insert in the MR HAVE to be used for A?
He doesn't seem to like it, and it isn't like he wouldn't be at the lowest slots.
Doesn't really matter if I'll be switching them, just wanna know.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC