I love my dad

Splash

Yesterday Charlie and I hung out with my dad in the morning while AJ attended to some school stuff. We went to the street fair first and then on a search to get Charlie a tricycle for my dad's house. My dad was soooo excited to get him a trike. It was so cute, him in Toys R Us pushing Charlie around in the different trikes until he found the right one.

As we were leaving, I mentioned I had two car seats (Boulevard and Triumph) that I wanted him to try out and see which one he preferred, and I would keep the one he liked best. I said I liked them both, but we didn't have room in the house (or need, really) for two spare seats.

He told me to bring the smallest one to his house and put it in his car and show him how to use it. He said "I know that stuff is really important to you. I want to make sure that I have him in right each time, too." Then he told me to install it in his car and leave it there so he always had a safe seat for him just in case. He's never driven him anywhere and probably won't for quite some time, but he wanted to have the seat at the ready just in case he had to! I thought that was so awesome.

And now, I can keep both seats! Ha! Like I need them both... :rolleyes: But since one will be in his car, it won't really be "my" seat anymore.

I thought it was great that he not only wanted to learn how to use it in general, but wants to have one properly installed and ready to go if there is ever an emergency.

ADS

arly1983

Isn't that great. You really feel loved. Its so nice when someone recognizes how important something is to you and ,even though they don't understand, it becomes important to them too. **HUGS**

I just realized Charlie has a clear condiment cup in his mouth. My uncle owns a restaraunt and those plastic condiment cups were Jacksons favorite chew toy. Now he like to put stuff in them and pretend to drink from them. Oh, he is so cute (Charlie).

broken4u05

It is great when someone understands. Even though i do not have a child yet she understands i always want to keep the kids i cae for safe. And i know she will be the same when i have a child. I am glad he will be safe with your dad. He is such a cute kid.

JaRylan

That is so nice to hear about the carseat and your dad. Which trike did Grandpa end up buying for Charlie?

AdventureMom

Senior Community Member
Hey, that's great! I like that he acknowledges both how it is important to YOU and how important it is in general... :)

BTW, I just noticed that you have a name now - ! (This is slightly OT, but - I wonder if we all ever got together like at a restaurant or whatever, would we be calling each other "Scatterbunny", "Splash", "AdventureMom", etc... :p )

JaRylan

Hey, that's great! I like that he acknowledges both how it is important to YOU and how important it is in general... :)

BTW, I just noticed that you have a name now - ! (This is slightly OT, but - I wonder if we all ever got together like at a restaurant or whatever, would we be calling each other "Scatterbunny", "Splash", "AdventureMom", etc... :p )

Or saying "Charlie's mom can you pass the water to Nolan's mom". But if we use our user names I want to change mine so I sound more like a superhero like you AdventureMom!

CrabbyBunchX3

That is wonderful that your Dad wants to be prepared and with a safe seat :)

And I love how your Dad was pushing Charlie around on the trikes! Too much fun! Which trike did Grandpa and Charlie pick out?

rlsadc

Senior Community Member

lol i have the hardst times remembering everyone's "real" names...i know about 4 or 5 :p

Splash

He got him some Radio Flyer trike that has a long handle so he can push him, as well as a backrest on the seat so it's easier for him to sit in it.
First we went to Wal-Mart and Charlie was IN LOVE with them there, but my dad wanted one with a handle. Charlie was SO upset to leave, and my dad kept promising he would buy him one today, they just had to find the right one. There was one "old school" on in Toys R Us that my dad REALLY wanted. The original red trike, you know. But Charlie's not big enough for it yet, so he went with the one with the handle. That way Charlie can just kind of hang out on it and be pushed. The handlebar locks, too, if we want it to. That way Charlie can just scoot along and not steer and fall over.
He and AJ went out this morning to buy a helmet. He LOVES the helmet. I wasn't sure if he should have one or not... he's SO testy about things touching him, and it's not like he's going to get hurt falling off a trike... but he needs one for a bicycle, so might as well start early. Luckily he seems to really like his helmet.

My dad has taken to the "buy everything in sight for my grandbaby" mode lately. I'm not complaining!

And yes, I do have a name. We all really SHOULD have names, you know. Beyond knowing all you guys' names though, I want to know your KIDS' names!

CrabbyBunchX3

Sounds like it was a very fun day!
I can't wait to see some pictures of Charlie on his trike with his helmet!

And yes, I do have a name. We all really SHOULD have names, you know. Beyond knowing all you guys' names though, I want to know your KIDS' names!

My Kiddos are Kayla and Nicholas. We're having a hard time picking a name for our third though...

arly1983

I am Arly (R-Lee). You all know Jackson and Camille. I am about to be an auntie to Ashton (if its a girl) or Harper(if its a boy). My sister just told me her names.

jebedyah

He told me to bring the smallest one to his house and put it in his car and show him how to use it. He said "I know that stuff is really important to you. I want to make sure that I have him in right each time, too."

I'm so jealous. My dad and stepmother are visiting this weekend, and they feel this way about NOTHING I do as a parent. My stepmother still makes fun of me for refusing to use my 20-year-old brother's old car seat.

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
That's great that your dad takes carseat safety so seriously!

My parents do too, which is great! When they were looking for a seat for my mom to use the days she has my niece, my dad said, "Let's get this one. If we get something else and something happens to her, we will never be able to forgive ourselves." They got the Boulevard. :) They also fully support extended rear-facing, RF tethering, removing all projectiles from the car, enforcing seatbelt use, etc. :) :D I am so proud of them.

CrabbyBunchX3

That's great that your dad takes carseat safety so seriously!

My parents do too, which is great! When they were looking for a seat for my mom to use the days she has my niece, my dad said, "Let's get this one. If we get something else and something happens to her, we will never be able to forgive ourselves." They got the Boulevard. :) They also fully support extended rear-facing, RF tethering, removing all projectiles from the car, enforcing seatbelt use, etc. :) :D I am so proud of them.

Wish my mother felt that way! She still asks me why DS is rear facing and says oh just put the seat forward in my car so I can take him places...statistics mean nothing. Coats...she still rants about my kids never wearing coats in their seats...

JaRylan

Hi Estelle from Jacqui (Jackie) and Rylan. I had a quick peek at your blog and I love your sense of humour.

Good to hear that Charlie has a helmet and that he likes wearing it!

AdventureMom

Senior Community Member
Hi Estelle from Jacqui (Jackie) and Rylan. I had a quick peek at your blog and I love your sense of humour.

Good to hear that Charlie has a helmet and that he likes wearing it!

Same here... As soon as I noticed the link for your name, I clicked it and looked at alot of pictures of one adorable little boy and a few with doting mamas, relatives, and friends. :) Oh, and then you convinced me to add my name to my sig.

skaterbabs

I wish my family was half as good as your dad! BILs will be well trained by the time their kiddoes arrive, though, I think....Especially since only one of them is in a serious relationship, and they're no planning kids for a while yet either! They are getting married a year from October though. :D

As far as the name thing, it is weird when you meet people in RL that you know online because it gets confusing what name to call them.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC