Should I try the RN's again?

glockchick

I really like the FR's the girls are in now but they're so dang huge.

Not a big deal for the place Abi's at. It does move CJs seat over enough that the seat rubs against his car seat when I slide it forward. Abigail would stay in the Frontier, but the Radian should leave more room than the MA he's currently in if I can get it in tight.

The boys say they have room in the 3rd row, but when I sit next to it, I don't see how. It's doable, but not comfortable. I could even RF Kaleigh and give them tons more room....

Should I try it since I can take them back to Kohl's here in town if they don't work? I can try to let the buckle be in the belt path. Does that poke kids? Or flipping the male end...

I'd put CJ and Kaleigh in the RNs, Abi would stay in her FR85, and Kaleigh's FR85 would move to dh's car.

ADS

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
While the buckles are horridly long in the Sub, they aren't quite long enough to lay completely flat in the belt path of the Radian. So you have to twist. No other way around it. :(

As for the 2nd row....fold the access seat down...install the middle seat first. Make sure you can move the seat...though it will rub, but not hard. Then install the FR. However, I did get the FR85 in the center of my 2nd row tonight. ;)

glockchick

Is there hope to get the RN in though? Does flipping the male end help?

I could fit Abi's FR85 in the middle lapbelt, but I prefer the LBP since I don't have a tether. I'm going to have to find the part # for the 3rd row funky tether contraption because Kaleigh's seat keeps tilting to on side depending on which kid sat next to it last. I keep checking the install at the belt path and it's still super solid. :confused: I don't like that sideways wiggle at all.

And congrats on getting it in the middle. :D

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
I got the RN in outboard positions (FF), but the 3rd row center was an absolute no go. I don't recall if I ever tried it in the middle of the 2nd row. I got it in RF in the 2nd row in both outboard positions, but preferred the install on the access seat due to the lower buckle...which I know defeats the purpose entirely! LOL

This is the XT behind my driver seat.
Aug2909032.jpg

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
LOL, the fact that your belts aren't forward of the bight, may help. Mine are forward in the 3rd row, which is why it doesn't work in mine. Didn't you already try it in the center of the 3rd row though, with a tech?

glockchick

Yes. Laurie let me try hers. She's awesome! :thumbsup:

We tried twisting the belt, but not allowing the belt in the path or flipping the male buckle.

It left the buckle at an angle where the locking latch plate wouldn't lock. :rolleyes:

Have I ever mentioned I'm a bit stubborn. ;)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC