Evenflo Chase 50lbs

emtb79

I was at Target and got a chance to take detailed pictures of it. These were taken with the cell phone I couldnt get the good camera I will try to take a good picture of the side stickers again if someone wants me to.

ADS

emtb79

Yup sign says.$59.99 I'm going to see if one of my daycare parents will let me get pictures so you can get and idea with my 5yr. old.

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
omg - new favorite HWH seat.
DD rode in a chase until she hit 40 lbs, and still had a slot left, despite a long torso....this is going to be the answer to a LOT of parents prayers here.
*CHEAP*
*HWH with BOTH tall slots and 50 lb limit*
*NARROW*

IT's also, unless they have changed things, VERY LIGHT, and easy ti install nearly everywhere.

I am Thrilled.

A HWH for $60.

*love*

menfusse

I remember the slots being taller than most seats back in the day. A outgrew her harnessed seat-FP safe embrace- before she was 40lbs by height. She was 3 or so, and very tall. I did NOT want her in a booster, and that was before I was a wee bit car seat crazy. I just knew she'd never sit still anyway. So we went to Baby Depot and sat her in all the seats. She would have been fine in a Marathon, but at the time we didn't have the money. We ended up with a Chase. It was just to 40lbs, but she had plenty of room to grow. I was so easy to install too. I remember not being overly crazy about the adjuster, but it wasn't enough to cause me troubles. We could have totally made it to 50lbs in it.

Mags462

Wow.... our Target doesn't have those. But i like the look of it a LOT. I have a 40lb Chase that Gma uses - it's great having a 34lb 4.5yr old!;) But i LOVE that this seat is 1. Cheap, 2. Easily accessible to buy, 3. Fairly simple to use. I have grown to really like deeper seats w/ SIP but this will be getting rec'd to MANY of my friends. Thanks!

Does it still have the funky harness adjuster?

tjham

I had one that my granddaughter outgrew by weight and still would have fit for a long time by height. I was jealous of Canada being able to use it to 48 (or was it 47?) lbs. I didn't mind the adjuster. And it's great for kids who keep pushing their chest clip down.

nevaehsmommy

This is one seat I have tried to like , twice. I just dont like the adjuster. And the seat would pop in and out every time I would install it. Like when you put your knee in the seat to push down. However I will agree with the growing room. Lots of room.

NannyMom

I put Sofi in the Chase at Target today, and she was on the top slots :( Her torso is 13.5ish inches. I measure the top slots below 16 inches, more like 15-15.5 :( I compressed the padding a bit, and checked for the slot, not just the cover. Has anyone measure the new ones differently than me?

littleangelfire

I'm glad there'll be a cheaper option that'll keep em harnessed longer, but I HATED installing this seat. It was horrible. In my car especially - or really, in any car where you can't recline the seat. That belt path was a pain. Literally. Hurt and scratched up my hands, and at too odd of an angle. It was still difficult in my mom's CRV, but since I could recline the seat, install, and then put the seat back to normal upright position, that made it doable.

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
I put Sofi in the Chase at Target today, and she was on the top slots :( Her torso is 13.5ish inches. I measure the top slots below 16 inches, more like 15-15.5 :( I compressed the padding a bit, and checked for the slot, not just the cover. Has anyone measure the new ones differently than me?

oh no?? Ia it possible they lowered the top slots? That's not cool. Why would they do that? :(

MAybe I'll meander up to target today to see if my lazy store has finally put out the new seats yet....

scoutingbear

If the slots stayed the same that is :thumbsup: Both of my tall boys outgrew it by weight before height. I :love: the seat as a backup and for 3 across...but had to sell it a while ago because of my big boys.

christineka

I measured the 40 pound version today at barely 16 inches. I pushed down the padding as much as I could. My walmart didn't have anything new other than a new cover on the 35 pound rfing girly scenera. They still don't have a myride.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC