bend TFP arb

NannyMom

I took out the True Fit Premier today, and flipped the anti-rebound bar around (like for forward facing). It didn't want to lock under the seat like it used to :confused: Looking at it closer, I noticed the arb was actually ever so slightly curved :confused: It hasn't been in a crash. I know Tuesday, I took A to gymnastics, and when I came back out to the car my van seat was all the way reclined, and it had pushed the TFP, there's usually a gap between my seat and the TFP of several inches, but the back of the TFP had actually lifted off it's seat. :confused: No idea HOW it happened. Whenever I recline my seat I'm always careful of where the TFP is behind me.

So....I plan to call LC tomorrow. But any thoughts on this? Do you think they'd tell me I had to get a new seat???

ADS

NannyMom

I've spoken with Learning Curve, twice now. They asked for pics (I'm adding them here too). She called today and wanted some more info. Like... what cover was originally on the seat (since I had Monet on a TFP). She also needed some proof of purchase, which I don't have. She had told me in the 1st call that even if it was outside the 1yr warranty, they'd still work with me. The seat has a 2/09 DOM, how can it have been bought much more than 1yr ago?! So obviously at most it could be 5 months out, if they had shipped it hot off the press. I'm now waiting to hear back from her again.

View attachment 7851

View attachment 7852

Last edited:

NannyMom

They are replacing the seat :thumbsup: I will leave the seat out for pick up next week, then they'll send me a new one. I don't get to keep the nice Cranberry cover though, oh well.

kidnurse

That is good that they are replacing it. I wonder if this will be a problem with the new TFP's in general, IIRC they are still relatively new. It will be interesting to see if more TFP owner's come across the same issue.

NannyMom

That is good that they are replacing it. I wonder if this will be a problem with the new TFP's in general, IIRC they are still relatively new. It will be interesting to see if more TFP owner's come across the same issue.

I'm wondering the same thing. I will deffinetly keep my paperwork for this seat, incase it happens again, and checking for that more often.

aeormsby

Glad they're replacing it. It will be interesting to see if more people have problems, I could imagine the constant pressure on the ARB from a nice tight install warping plastic over time.

sunnymw

LOL yeah... maybe they were planning on general use... not super-tight installs like we're into :whistle:

NannyMom

How do you think Learning Curve will like getting their seat shipped to them in an Evenflo Titan box :whistle:

NannyMom

So, I was preparing my TFP to be picked up tomorrow/ Tuesday. It's been sitting for a couple weeks, in forward facing position, not installed- just sitting. And now it's not bent :confused::rolleyes::eek: So, I'll be calling LC tomorrow to see if they want to just cancel it.

sunnymw

I'd still let 'em take it. They need to figure out what the issue is... just because it gets resolved after a couple of weeks doesn't mean it's supposed to warp when it's RFing... especially since that's when all the benefit of the ARB is supposed to be utilized.

ZephyrBlue

I'm very interested to see if this is going to be a common occurance w/the ARB. I do love the sturdiness of the RF tether, but miss having the space that the tether obstructs. If the plastic ARB is going to warp, though, I wouldn't be comfortable with it.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC