bummed about new carseat -WWYD?

njmommy

i ordered the britax boulevard during FAO's private sale. it came today & im so disappointed with the cover. i got the riviera pattern & its ugly! the pictures show a black/gray pattern but its actually hunter green velvet! i know the look doesnt matter but im still bummed & a bit annoyed that the pictures are so deceiving.

my H thinks i should return it, but ill be out shipping costs. WWYD?
suck it up & keep it, return, craigs list?

Last edited:
ADS

Jocey'sMommy

the covers come with the headwings so everything will match . . .right now there are some pretty good deals on britax.com don't know what your looking for but I just bought 2 Marathon covers for $50 total :) I don't think the boulevard covers are that cheap but they are cheaper than usual

Last edited:

hrice

At that price you could buy a new cover and sell the other one and still have a great deal!

Jennifer mom to my 7

i ordered the britax boulevard during FAO's private sale. it came today & im so disappointing with the cover. i got the riviera pattern & its ugly! the pictures show a black/gray pattern but its actually hunter green velvet! i know the look doesnt matter but im still bummed & a bit annoyed that the pictures are so deceiving.

my H thinks i should return it, but ill be out shipping costs. WWYD?
suck it up & keep it, return, craigs list?

Was it a regular boulevard? The riviera boulevard is a cs version, and it is a bru exclusive. Well, supposed to be a bru exclusive.
http://www.britaxusa.com/car-seats/boulevard-cs/fabric-options

and it is black and grey, I really like it.

http://www.britaxusa.com/car-seats/boulevard/fabric-options
Maybe yours is castlerock?

msg221

I have the Riviera one right now because I was going to sell it on CL for my friend and yes, it is supposed to be black and grey and when BRU had it, that is all I ever saw! I never liked it because the middle part of the fabric is all rough and scratchy, like the kind of sofa fabric I hate too!

<swap content removed by moderator>

Last edited by a moderator:

Jocey'sMommy

if they in fact sent you the wrong one I would call customer service asap to see if you can do an exchange at no extra cost

njmommy

yes its the CS version.. does that mean the regular boulevard cover wont work? :( all the covers for the CS are $80.

its not the wrong one im afraid. its the exact pattern as they show, except the outside fabric is green - instead of black like it looks online.

and the link above that shows the close up of the pattern does show it a bit green. but the pictures everywhere else it definitely looks black.

njmommy

Oh no dont tell me this! Mine's coming tomorrow. I knew I should have gotten the Castlerock BV instead.

i had that one in the cart & changed my mind at the last minute, im so mad at myself right now! it reminds me of the 70's for some reason lol... it would be a beautiful cover it was black.
i wish the covers were cheaper, but even at $80, the seat is a great deal.

Dillipop

http://www.car-seat.org/showpost.php?p=1366396&postcount=36

Someone called Britax and found out that the regular blvd covers fit on the blvd cs, too. You could get the $30 cover from Britax for the regular blvd and probably sell the one that came on your seat for the same or more. Or you could just keep the one you don't like for those times that the kids pee or puke in the seat and you need a spare cover.

njmommy

http://www.car-seat.org/showpost.php?p=1366396&postcount=36

Someone called Britax and found out that the regular blvd covers fit on the blvd cs, too. You could get the $30 cover from Britax for the regular blvd and probably sell the one that came on your seat for the same or more. Or you could just keep the one you don't like for those times that the kids pee or puke in the seat and you need a spare cover.

yay! thank you so much. i found the post saying the CS would fit the regular, but wasnt sure about the other way around!

jourdysmom

CPST Instructor
It is green.... click the first link above...then scroll over the seat and you can see the pattern bigger.. it is definitely green (like Olive Green)

njmommy

Could you post a picture? Because I know that cover is not supposed to be green...

i took a picture because my SIL wanted to see - even my picture makes it look black! but yes, if you click above and look at the detailed pictures you can tell its olive green(i wish i had seen that picture before ordering it) it looks hunter green in my house, olive outside in the sun.

njmommy

hmm i wonder if i should wait and see how it looks in the car. maybe it wont be so bad, but inside it is really ugly! lol. i think either way i will keep the cover as a backup.

doodlebugs25

i just got mine today and it does not look that green..it looks more grey to me..i like it..it might look different in the sunlight but inside it looks good:)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC