Recaro ProSport & Recaro ProBooster Pix & Comparison Pix (Picture Heavy!)

strollerfreak

Senior Community Member
Ok, I picked these up on July 5th at Recaro...we have been using them both for the past month. I will say that I do like the ProBooster better than the ProSport, but they are both well built seats.

We had installation issues with the ProSport right off the bat...it turns out after installing it in other seating positions, it's once again those super high seatbelts, that makes for really bad belt geometry with carseats. :thumbsdown:

prosport1.jpg

prosport2.jpg

prosport3.jpg

This is after we "fixed" the issue by unhooking one side of the harness from the splitter plate, semi-installing the seat, then reattaching the harness. Prior to us doing this, the harness where the seatbelt runs across was completely covered by the seatbelt. (I still need to get a picture of this, but it's nearly 90* outside and I'd have to uninstall the Regent to duplicate this.)

Oldest kid (that fits!) first...7.5yo DS, 55lb, 48"...he is using height setting #4/4 with about 1/2" of growing room left.
prosport6.jpg

prosport7.jpg

Here he is buckling himself in, he really has to fiddle with it much more than he ever did with the Regent...he says he doesn't mind it, and that once he gets ahold of it, it's easier to pull than the Regent (there's that butter smooth!). Sorry it's sideways, the Monterey is right in front of him in the van so I had to video him from the side, and to get a full length shot I had to turn the camera sideways.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4ZMPdWouO4"]YouTube- DSCN0396[/ame]

5.5yo DD, 41lb, 44"...she was using height setting #3/4, and it was pretty much even with her shoulders. Please excuse the ice cream face...it was vacation after all...LOL
r3ps1.jpg

r3ps2.jpg

3yo DS, 33lb, 38"...it was still set at height setting #3/4, though he probably could have used #2/4
r4ps1.jpg

r4ps2.jpg

Ok...here are some comparison pictures...in two weeks I can get a comparison to the Start as well...I had to leave it with Grandma in MI because we didn't have enough room to bring all the seats back with us...LOL.

ProBooster & ProSport with the headrests extended all the way up...
prosportvsprobooster.jpg

ProBooster & Monterey with headrests extended all the way up, installed.
pbmonterey1.jpg

pbmonterey2.jpg

9.5yo DS, 60+lb, 52"...He is using the top adjustment on the Monterey as his normal seat. He is using the top adjustment on the ProBooster here as well, but it could actually go down on adjustment to get a better fit on his shoulders.
r1pbmonterey1.jpg

r1pbmonterey2.jpg

He is on that verge of getting too tall for boosters (whaaaaa!!!!) and he actually rides in DH's work MKT 2nd row center without one when DH has it.
r1pbmonterey3.jpg

...continued in the next post...too many pictures! LOL

ADS

strollerfreak

Senior Community Member
DD in the ProBooster...her stats are listed above...She uses setting #4. (It's nice that they are labelled so that I can just tell my hubby, "If Ray-ray is using the seat put it on #4, if Reide is using it put it on #5, if Reilly is using it put it on #9") I also really like how the belt fits on her in this booster. She typically uses a PW in DH's vehicle, but we also have an AirBooster that we use too and DH & I agree that it does NOT fit her right (yet!) and so now she has another option for a booster (When older brother will give it up! LOL).

r3pb1.jpg

r3pb2.jpg

Reactions: nmb

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Thanks!!!! I love those pictures :). Thanks for taking the time to put them all in a nice linkable post.

Last edited:

strollerfreak

Senior Community Member
So it's fair to conclude that the 90# harness limit is overly optimistic, lol?

Nice seats, nice pictures, thanks!

Yeah, unless the kid is just one of those short & stocky heavier-than-they-look kids, the 90# harness is overly optimistic.

He tends to run right at about the 30th %tile on the growth charts, so there feasibly COULD be a kid that could/would need it, but they are going to be the exception, not the rule.

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
I do have one of those "heavier than she looks" kids (and I'm expecting a new seat tomorrow so there may be pix), but even so, she's got about a 17.5" torso at 62#.

munchkin

Thanks for the pics!

Your kids are adorable.

Don't you LOVE Greenfield Village?

Did you pick up at Recaro in Michigan? Where is it (anywhere near Dearborn)?

christineka

Could you possibly measure the prosport in the highest booster setting? Could you try a kid out in it as a booster?

crunchierthanthou

thanks for the pics! :)

The booster ones made me wonder once again why I got the Monterrey instead. Then I remembered (once again) that it's because it can use LATCH and we learned in the first week of full time boostering that we're terrible at re-rubuckling an empty one.

MoreLatte

The ProSport can be used as a booster, too, right? I'm wondering what you think of the booster mode fit if so.

DD has a Nautilus. She'll be 7 in October but is still a peanut. I really want to give the Nauti to my mom and get her a Pro Booster, but maybe I should get the ProSport so she can use the harness a while longer. We've tried the Nauti in booster mode a few times but she says she likes the harness better.
Any thoughts?

strollerfreak

Senior Community Member
thanks for the pics! :)

The booster ones made me wonder once again why I got the Monterrey instead. Then I remembered (once again) that it's because it can use LATCH and we learned in the first week of full time boostering that we're terrible at re-rubuckling an empty one.

Yup...and that's EXACTLY why he uses the Monterey...he can NOT remember to buckle the booster back in when he gets out of it.

The downfall for him (since he doesn't have to remember now) is that he has to sit next to Reiker...:p (Everyone hates sitting next to him because he is SO loud and never shuts up. LOL)

strollerfreak

Senior Community Member
Could you possibly measure the prosport in the highest booster setting? Could you try a kid out in it as a booster?

Will do!

BRB!

Ok, seatpan to bottom of belt guide is 19"...I'll go get pix now.

DS#2 in the ProSport as a booster. He would use the #3/4 height setting (picture#2) if he was using it as a booster. picture #1 has it set in the #4/4 height setting. Oh, and the beltpath would annoy me if we had to use it as an everyday booster...the shoulder portion sits weird on the booster whether it is on the outside of the beltpath or inside the beltpath.

PSasBooster1.jpg

PSasBooster2.jpg

Also someone had asked either in this thread or the other one how much room there was between the harness straps...from outside to outside is 6.5", from inside to inside is 3.5".

Last edited:

strollerfreak

Senior Community Member
So which does he prefer the recaro booster or the monteray?

R1 - "I like my black one better."
Me -"What makes your black one better?"
R1 - "It is more comfy. I feel like I can relax in it more."

There you go...direct from the source...take it with a grain of salt because every kid is different, LOL!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC