WWYD with a seat that expires 05/11

daniele_ut

So, I may have accidentally bought a Cowmoo RA50 for a steal last night :whistle: I'll have an order confirmation, but waiting for shipping confirmation.

In the grand scheme of things DD was supposed to be FF by the time DS's old MA expires in May 2011 (at 3 years, 3 months) and was going to move into DS's Nautis and he was going into the Turbo and Parkway. However, she is still pretty small and I could probably keep her RF longer.

If I do decide to keep the RA50 and use it, what should I do with the Cowmoo MA that she is currently using? It seems unethical to sell a seat that has less than a year of use left, even if I advertise it as such. I know I can sell the cover, though it's only in average condition since it's been in use for 5 years.

Just watch, I'll end up pregnant in the next few months and then I'll find that neither the Nauti or the RA50 will work in a 3 across in either of my cars!

ADS

Jocey'sMommy

I am a fan of keeping a back-up seat personally, I hate being stuck with out one in case there is an accident or just to have a spare in case someone rides with me or I babysit. Also, the MA cover will fit on the RA50 so I think that it would be worth hanging on to from that aspect as well.

ctbcleveland

I am not sure why it would be unethical to sell a seat that only has a year left unless you did not disclose it to the buyer.

Maybe price it to be break-even with the cost of your roundabout? Sell it here so you are sure someone's not going to be dumb and use it past its expiration?

NannyMom

I would loan it to a friend (that I knew would give it back), or give it to someone here that I knew would dispose of it properly, or just keep it as a back up.

I had a SR base that expires this Dec. I loaned it to a friend for her Feb baby, and will ask for it back when she's done, or in Dec.

hrice

I have a friend that needs a seat for a temporary situation if you are willing to sell it. She recently lost her hubby and needs 2 seats for a relatives car that is caring for her kiddos until she can get day care assistance.

daniele_ut

Just to be clear I'm not offering to sell it outside of swap.

Thank you for the feedback!

I am a fan of keeping a back-up seat personally, I hate being stuck with out one in case there is an accident or just to have a spare in case someone rides with me or I babysit. Also, the MA cover will fit on the RA50 so I think that it would be worth hanging on to from that aspect as well.

We have 2 cars and right now we have 2 MAs and a Coccoro for DD, so we already have a spare, lol! The RA50 is due for delivery today and DH is HOME today so I'm going to have some explaining to do!

I am not sure why it would be unethical to sell a seat that only has a year left unless you did not disclose it to the buyer.

Maybe price it to be break-even with the cost of your roundabout? Sell it here so you are sure someone's not going to be dumb and use it past its expiration?
Thanks, that's why I wanted some opinions from the fine folks here. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't going to be one of the CL ads that someone posts about and slams!

I have a friend that needs a seat for a temporary situation if you are willing to sell it. She recently lost her hubby and needs 2 seats for a relatives car that is caring for her kiddos until she can get day care assistance.

Shipping to TX might be cost prohibitive, but I'm not sure.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC