Frontier 85 pic (attn unityco)

monstah

Here's my DS - 54 pounds, unsure of height but I think he is 45" and will be 5 years old in two months.

tag2.jpg

He has one more harness slot to go. I am certain he will last until next summer and hopefully beyond. :thumbsup:

tag.jpg

ADS

monstah

Wow, that was a fast reply! Waiting for me? LOL. He is 54 pounds. I think he looks so skinny in that picture and I don't know why. :p Your DS is bigger by a couple inches, right?

unityco

Ambassador - CPS Technician
Wow, that was a fast reply! Waiting for me? LOL.

Maybe, lol (and apparently I wasn't using my eyes, since you posted his weight right there in the OP. ;))

Your DS is bigger by a couple inches, right?

Yes. We just measured him and he was a smidge over 48"

Last edited:

monstah

Maybe, lol (and apparently I was using my eyes, since you posted his weight right there in the OP. ;)

I didn't want to correct you again. ;) :p

If you have a store that carries the Frontier XT in stock, I would go there, install it in my car on the highest setting and consider whether or not that is worth the price to you. (You might be surprised how much or how little room he has.) Also consider that is is a very tall booster but it's super heavy.

I'd actually prefer a Turbo over the Frontier in booster mode but that's just me. And FWIW, I :love: our Oobr and hate the PKWYSG.

unityco

Ambassador - CPS Technician
...consider that is is a very tall booster but it's super heavy.

I'd actually prefer a Turbo over the Frontier in booster mode but that's just me. And FWIW, I :love: our Oobr and hate the PKWYSG.

The weight concerns me too. The van doesn't have LATCH, and we can't use LATCH in the car, so I'm not sure how comfortable I am with the heavy boosters (like the Monterey we already have.) I'm considering just getting a Turbo too (and maybe just holding on to the Nautilus, if it doesn't sell, for DS's little friend who travels with us on occasion.)

I don't know what to do right now. :confused:

HEVY

Uhm, wow! Rachel is 49inches and almost 60lbs and fits the same way, same slot. Should get a better pic, she is below the slots.
JLK1.jpg

monstah

The weight concerns me too. The van doesn't have LATCH, and we can't use LATCH in the car, so I'm not sure how comfortable I am with the heavy boosters (like the Monterey we already have.) I'm considering just getting a Turbo too (and maybe just holding on to the Nautilus, if it doesn't sell, for DS's little friend who travels with us on occasion.)

I don't know what to do right now. :confused:

Can you try an XT in store? I just think it will ease your mind if you *know* he has no growing room in your car, KWIM? I think the PKWYSG is taller than the Turbo by a few inches, right? And they have some pretty cool covers out now.

Uhm, wow! Rachel is 49inches and almost 60lbs and fits the same way, same slot. Should get a better pic, she is below the slots.
How old is she?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC