Best Harnessing Booster

Serranosx5

Ok...I need recommendations on a narrow booster that harnesses over 40lbs...I have a Honda Civic and its a tight squeeze getting my 6 year old buckled with the seat belt with a Radian XTSL in the middle. So I'm looking to harness him as hes only 45lbs and will fit fine harness...TIA!

Katrina

ADS

Pixels

Civics are really tight. I've tried my share of 3-acrosses. What year Civic, and is the Radian FF or RF? What other seats do you have, and what are the age/height/weight of all your children?

Serranosx5

Its a 06...the radian is RF...my son is 6, 45lbs he and around 46inches the evenflo booster now and my daughter is 11 and 100lbs she just uses the seatbelt....

Katrina

Pixels

Good, the Radian is RF, you have a chance.

I wonder if a Maestro might work. It will only get you five pounds, though. The Nautilus is too wide, the Frontier not inexpensive.

Serranosx5

I found this any opinions?

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Safety-1st-Hybrid-Convertible-Booster/dp/B002UP391K"]http://www.amazon.com/Safety-1st-Hybrid-Convertible-Booster/dp/B002UP391K[/ame]

Evolily

Probably won't work, the harness slots can be low (it depends on install). It doesn't have any shell of any sort either, and if you ever had to use it in a position without a top tether you would have to use it as a backless booster.

The Evenflo Maestro really likely one of your best options if he's under 50 lbs. Why don't you feel comfortable with him in a booster?

Evolily

When we're talking about width we're really only talking about a few inches (typically less than 5 between "narrow" and "wide), but those inches tend to mean quite a bit.

In the meantime, can you leave the seat buckled and have him wiggle under the seatbelt? If your belts lock at the retractor that might be hard to do as he may pull out too much slack, but worth a try at least?

Serranosx5

Thanks Celtic! I'm totally going to try the wiggle under! Then I wouldn't need to buy one at all if that could work!

:)
Katrina

Serranosx5

We tried the seat belt trick and its ok getting in but tough getting out so I went to babiesrus and tried the GN and it fit him with LOTS of room & also fit in my car nicely next to the Radian XTSL with plenty of room for my seat belter! So I cam home found a lower price and ordered it :)

Thanks for all the advice!!

Last edited:

thrisha

can I ask where you ordered it form and how much? This is what we are wanting to get DD for DH's car.

Pixels

Did you verify that the installs were independent? Install the first seat, get it tight. Install the second seat, get it tight. Take out the first seat and make sure it's still tight. I've been working on three across today, with some of the narrowest seats available, and I'm having trouble. The Nautilus is not narrow and doesn't tend to puzzle well.

The Nautilus requires that it is 100% on the vehicle seat, with no overhang whatsoever.

Serranosx5

Wal-Mart.com they have the matrix & daisy for 142.00 +tax free shipping(babiesrus was 179.99)...they might have it in your local one too, mine did not.
can I ask where you ordered it form and how much? This is what we are wanting to get DD for DH's car.

Serranosx5

I did not do all that but it was not hanging off at all and fit better then the britax frontier, I will do all that when it arrives and I guess return it if I have to...does it make a difference that I'm not putting 3 seats in? I have one in just a seatbelt. I also read another post on here, someone has the same car as mine and fit the two seats I have in the same configuration. Ah so confusing :) Thanks for your help!

Did you verify that the installs were independent? Install the first seat, get it tight. Install the second seat, get it tight. Take out the first seat and make sure it's still tight. I've been working on three across today, with some of the narrowest seats available, and I'm having trouble. The Nautilus is not narrow and doesn't tend to puzzle well.

The Nautilus requires that it is 100% on the vehicle seat, with no overhang whatsoever.

Pixels

You need to check that the seats are independent any time you have two side by side. Of course, if they aren't touching, then it's obvious they are independent.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC